Need advice on what to purchase. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
PowerBallPythons
Also, thanks to this thread, I've figured out what doesn't appeal to me so I know not what to work with: yellow bellies, fires, cinnamons, het. red axanthics, champagnes and maybe vanillas and mystics. I know some might think I'm crazy, but this is just my opinion. It's helping me cut down on the collection list. I mean, I know I can't catch them all! Please keep the suggestions coming though! I'm sure there are morphs I haven't thought of. Are lavender albinos worth getting into? I've never actually seen one of those in person.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
PowerBallPythons
I also think enchis and genetic banded are off the buy list, because I feel pretty well covered with my spider and pinstripe genes. Caramels are a no go as well because I don't want to risk producing kinked snakes. I'm still trying to decide if I like black pastels or not.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBallPythons View Post
Are lavender albinos worth getting into?
From an investment standpoint, if you take the right approach, they are definitely worth getting into. They are beautiful too...but getting into a good lav project would be considerably more expensive than the other genes you have mentioned, so again, you'd have to budget it out yourself if it's something you're truly interested in getting into.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Randy F
lavs are beautiful. Once again, best to have about 4 het girls getting close before you buy a visual male. Breed them keeping the visual females to gain size. Also breed visual male to another gene female to make that gene 100% hets, breed the best male of that clutch to big hets following year to try and make 2 gene visuals. You can also pick something like that and make that your foundation. People like the pied peddler work on one specific morph and add other genes into that one. If you decide to do that, you just get animals to put to that morph and go for quality so people come to you for that gene.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, kingpin, lesser, pastel, spider