The Formation of Exclusive Cliques... - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #71
bcfos
And I just don't think the nazi's at kingscam will give anyone premission to post a screen shot here. Granted it is just a feeling I get but seeing that they like most forum board owners and scared of direct competition.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #72
TooManyBurmese
Brian, just a feeling? Hee hee.

Well to respond about the issue about "cliques" .....

I do understand about feeling left out. And no matter how you regulate a website and forum, there will always be cliques. People who find other people who like something similar (in our case reptiles) are going to form cliques. People are like cows, we like being in like groups.

The trick is, just jump the heck in. People naturally shy away from, and even shun "snobs". If you jump in with a negative attitude, you will be treated as such.

If you jump in with an open, honest, and positive attitude, you will fit in. People are drawn to honesty and a positive attitude. I am more open on a smaller forum because I feel less lost in a big one. I am slowly coming into this one. I am jumping in, but slowly. Notice all my posts are in one forum. I feel comfortable there. When I feel more comfortable, I will try other threads/forums.

I try to be as easy going and happy as possible. I put a lot of those stupid smiley faces in my posts to make sure I am coming off happy and friendly.

For those of you who know you are in a clique, be conscious of it. Be proud of it. Also bring more in!

The reptile world itself is in danger.

There are more and more laws destroying our hobby.

We need to keep that in mind. Sure we will squabble, but look at how petty it really gets. 15 freakin pages? If you read other people's posts in other places, you will see every person on this one thread is an awesome person very dedicated to the hobby. Forums are designed to pull us together in a more personal level. Instead of being just a bunch of people who happen to wander into a reptile show at the same time, we are able, through these kinds of forums, to get to know each other on a personal level.

If I didn't have this forum how would I know Brian doesn't like hairy legs? Without a forum he would just be another nameless reptile enthusiast. Or how would I know that KelliH cares so much about DanQ's animals she asks about them by name? (Guessing on the names here guys). How often can you remember you friend's freakin gecko's name?

Take a step back and think.... was I being a bitch? Was I being snobby? Was I being too sensitive? Was I not trying hard enough to infiltrate the group? Should I shave my legs every damned day so not to offend Brian? Is Bob really worth all the fuss?

There is a famous way overused phrase we can use here, but I am not going to say it! Hee hee I am sure you guys can guess it

I only bothered to post because not long ago (say 3 months?) I was on the complete outside looking in, wishing I could be part of the group. And I pretended I was getting into a hot tub with strangers. I didn't pee in the tub, and I made friends

Old 09-03-2004, 02:03 AM   #73
TooManyBurmese
After reading my post I just want to add 2 things...

I meant the remembering the friend's pet's name as a compliment. I rarely remember my friend's pet's names.

And two. I did pee in the tub! Ahhhhhhhhhhahahaha

Old 09-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #74
riverjop
I knew that was you, who peed in the hot tub ......IT WAS HER....IT WAS HER...SHE'S THE ONE

Old 09-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #75
Golden Gate Geckos
DANNI...

You did a much better job of articulating my feelings and opinions regarding forum 'cliques' than I could have done. Thank you! You can come and pee in my hot tub anytime! lol!

WELCOME TO MY S_A!
(Notice there is no "P" in my spa?)

Old 09-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #76
TooManyBurmese
Now I am suspicious hee hee. After confessing there is a chance I will soil your tub? See guys! This is a darn friendly group!! Who else invites an admitted "wetter" right in?

I think I just got your hint ha hahahaha !! No p? I haven't had this much fun in forever hahaha!!!!!!!! Told you I was slow!

Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #77
bcfos
All this talk of hot tubs has me wishing I hadn't sworn off women yet once again.

Old 09-05-2004, 01:37 AM   #78
robin d.
Quote:
WELCOME TO MY S_A !
(Notice there is no "P" in my spa?)
dont feed my chineese or italian or apple juice before getting in your S A, it might just end up being an A, since i no longer have my ol trusty gal bladder

Old 09-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #79
Karen Hulvey
If something is listed as OT, then it can be skipped very easily. You don't have to "wade through" OT stuff. Problem solved. Some of the people posting on this thread sound as if they're jealous of other's friendship.

Karen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!