My new hognose's eyes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
kailey0317
My new hognose's eyes

I just recently received my new hognose Wednesday. When I saw him he had only one cloudy/blue eye and I assumed he would just shed soon. I planned on putting him in his cage and leaving him alone for a while, a week most people recommend, to adjust. The breeder had asked me to try to feed him, however, as he had missed feeding day with shipping. So I did, but he did not eat.

Wednesday night my snake burrowed and remained burrowed until this morning(Friday morning). I noticed that he still only had one cloudy/blue eye.

I waited to get a better angle so I could see if something was wrong or I could get a picture. I finally decided I think the other eye looked smaller? Ultimately I decided to ask your opinions on if his eye is okay. It looked so tiny compared to his other eye, I thought it might have been a shedding injury or something. I wanted to make sure!

(This eye seems normal to me just cloudy/blue)

(This eye seemed small and the scales swollen around it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #2
Valkea
Huh, I have a hognose with almost the exact same thing. It's never affected her and remains smaller as she grows. I can see her eye moving when I'm holding her so I don't know what's up with it.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
kailey0317
Thanks for the response! I contacted the breeder as I was still worried after no responses and he told me not to worry but if he was not eating or was having any vision problems to let him know.

I haven't had any problems and he has taken two meals and had a shed since I've made this post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
Valkea
Oh perfect! Glad your little dude is going well. I wonder if he'll outgrow it or if it'll stay small like mine? Interesting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!