I need your help with some GROUP SEX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
mvite
Wink I need your help with some GROUP SEX

About two months ago, I bought (4) anacondas het albino females from a fellow on KS. Embarrassingly, I don't know how to sex hognose,, but am learning more day by day. When I took a closer look at these snakes I was worried that one or two of them may not be females. The seller assured me they were females but I waited a little long to check.

Can I get some of your opinions on these?

Thank you in advance for your superb serpentology!

Mark

Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
mvite
Actually now that I got a closer look at the photos they may be ok

Old 06-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #3
Hoggirl
What is the age on these? They all look female to me. Males have a longer more narrow tail. Those tails all seem fairly wide and get narrow as they go to the tip.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggirl View Post
What is the age on these? They all look female to me. Males have a longer more narrow tail. Those tails all seem fairly wide and get narrow as they go to the tip.
Thanks for your help! They are all about 6 month old.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
Hoggirl
For reference here is a young male I have here. Notice how the base of the tail is long and narrow and doesn't taper until the end?
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggirl View Post
For reference here is a young male I have here. Notice how the base of the tail is long and narrow and doesn't taper until the end?
Gotcha--- thanks for the comparison.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
rickm
They all look like females to me.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
mvite
I was thinking this albino was a male. What say you?
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #9
mvite
Oh well. I am told this is a female. This is so confusing.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #10
RedDevil
It's way easier to do when the tails are straight. Grab a similar sized male and female, and take pics of them with the tails straight - it'll become a lot more clear for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!