Inquiry Steven Brenner Transaction - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
But, no matter if it helps the industry, hurts the industry, or hurts me, It's done now. It's ultimately up to Fauna how the BOI is run, and what standards are held.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

You have horribly insulted and threatened one of the nicest, most intelligent, most polite member of this community. While I understand what you are saying, and agree, that even the worst among us deserves justice because turning one's back on someone because one does not like them is a slippery slope, I also feel that once readers read the thread the above quote came from and see your repeated, bizarre, unjust accusations, they may agree with my thought that you need to provide solid evidence in the way of emails, Paypal letters, etc. because the same sort of bizarre transaction attempt may be happening here.
You are still playing that one note on the piano, yet you still have not provided the requested emails.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #22
calebroad
Your combining the current situation, of which both parties have acknowledged, with a nasty bout with Nick, some time ago, with whom I have never done a transaction with, is exactly my claim.

That Fauna holds that somebody who had a nasty bout with a moderator, shall be cheated upon, is what I am claiming. If that is the policy and standards of Fauna, I cannot change Faunas business practices, ethics, or standards. I don't have that authority

As far as Steven Brenner and I am concerned, I don't really see anything to prove. He says he will eventually make it right, I don't think he will. But if he does, I will immediately update the post

Old 09-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Your combining the current situation, of which both parties have acknowledged, with a nasty bout with Nick, some time ago, with whom I have never done a transaction with, is exactly my claim.

That Fauna holds that somebody who had a nasty bout with a moderator, shall be cheated upon, is what I am claiming. If that is the policy and standards of Fauna, I cannot change Faunas business practices, ethics, or standards. I don't have that authority

As far as Steven Brenner and I am concerned, I don't really see anything to prove. He says he will eventually make it right, I don't think he will. But if he does, I will immediately update the post
That claim you are making is not the site's policy, obviously.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #24
Fangthane
Quote:
That's not even close to what's happening here; you're clearly not comprehending what's being said. Anyone who wants their claims to be taken seriously should muster the good sense to provide corroborating evidence - especially when one's past activities on this site may cast them in an unfavorable light. The past doesn't necessarily dictate the future, but it can be very easy for people to have trouble looking beyond it, all the same.

Quote:
Guess I'll just never understand the rationale of those who'd come here without any apparent interest in presenting evidence that amounts to a kill-shot. If you're going to half-ass it, why bother at all?

Old 09-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #25
calebroad
Steven resonded to this post, I don't attest to what he is saying. He says he will agree to make it right.

I'm not interested in attacking him. I stated my claim, he stated his. When two parties acknowledge the situation, I can't feel compelled to keep on and on and on.

I posted my inquiry, He is not denying it. Are you wanting a dog fight? If he makes it right, I will update post? I'm not going to attach him, it is what it is. The situation is acknowledged.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #26
Chris Kennard
Not siding, or playing devil's advocate here. Just an observation from someone on the outside looking in. I see nothing wrong with the OPs post. I would be hounding him for proof myself had Stephen denied anything, which he hasn't. If anything, I find it suspicious that Stephen's post are "matter of factly" short and avoiding of dialogue. Whatever the seemingly confrontational past he's had here and is being called out to answer for, I find his posts to be civil where many would not. I haven't seen anything here to illegitimize his claim. Just sayin'.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #27
Chris Kennard
Referring to the OP's past.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #28
Fangthane
In general, pattern recognition comes into play. Read enough BOI and you'll likely notice that those who refuse to corroborate their stories often tend to have a nefarious reason for doing so - which would also apply a party who chimes in with terse replies that also lack backing evidence. More specifically, the OP has a bit of a history of overreaction, playing the "bully" card and grasping at flimsy justifications for his actions. He also accused Nick of abusing his position to get better deals on animals - which was found to have no basis in reality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I have some concerns over some claims made to Rich (WebSlave).

Things like...
Quote:
I have a complaint about a moderator abusing his position for better deals, and using his moderator position for priviledge and the ability to grab good tortoise deals.
All in all, civil or not, there are valid reasons for wanting proof. Like claims made by anyone, I see the simple lack of proof as inherently calling legitimacy into question. Add in his past tendencies, and I think proof becomes even more of an imperative. While the other party may not have explicitly denied what he's saying, at the very least, he seems to be implying that the OP's motives aren't so pure. It seems that some of us would like to see how both parties really conducted themselves and what was actually said.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #29
Black Adder
Guess I may say something further...lol
Just seems very odd that the op would create a BOI thread and then either NOT have the proof to back up his claims or be willing to provide said proof, whichever the case may be.
As eloquently said by others already, combine that with his somewhat checkered past here and it is understandable that the masses will not just accept his word for the turn of events portrayed.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
calebroad
I fully realize I shouldn't say anything else, I should keep my fingers crossed that I recover the $4k. - and just be quiet. However, I'm not good at just biting my tongue.

Some people on here are referring to my "checkered past", or my faulty record, or my bad rap, or my being the devil, or the monster of the universe.

It should be said, that I had one nasty bout with a moderator, with whom I have never done a transaction with. In all fairness, I was not familiar with the BOI, in my defense, I felt like I was lured, since Nick spoke according to what his plan was in going public. So after that, I learned to be careful what you say, even though nick and myself still do not care for one another.

Since then, nick indicated that he wished me the best, and no hard feelings.

So the Fauna moderators jumping on here and lunching a guy, who got took for $4,000.00 and saying "karma is a B&$&@@"

How can this behavior be justified. At all costs, I understand that Nick will never bow to me, on the same token, at all costs, I will never bow to Nick.

Is Nick asking ppl to lynch Chris Davis for that one occurrence, or are Fauna folks trying to declare their loyalty for Nick by attacking me, regarding the nasty bout, long ago.

This is a discussion that should be said. It is what it is. If the facts are, that a spat with a Fauna moderator, I honestly feel that I am being scammed, because the other party thinks I can never get a fair shake, because of that spat.

In regards to posting my conversations with Brenner, I feel like that is a nasty blow, and I know how it feels to have private conversations publicized. However, if Brenner starts posting our conversation, I will post the whole months and months worth. But with Steven telling me to be patient, - and he is not arguing the facts, I have no choice but to be patient.

It really bothers me that one nasty bout, can cause such grief. I am trying to avoid the word Bullying, but what else can it be?

People may join the reptile business, - and probably screw up six ways to Sunday. The important part is do they learn? - and does the problem cease and desist? Go ahead and slap me around all you want, it's fine, but Fauna should move on from past occupancies, - and not drag that bout around like a disease.

None of this is intended to be disrespectful in any way

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!