Bad Guy BAD GUY Jeffrey Riberio - Reptile Edge/New Caledonian Geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #1
ariellise
BAD GUY Jeffrey Riberio - Reptile Edge/New Caledonian Geckos

BAD GUY Jeffrey Riberio - Reptile Edge/New Caledonian Geckos

I have purchased animals and enclosures from Jeffrey Ribeiro several times but will not be doing business with him any longer. Jeff is based in Ontario, Canada but has a lot of business dealings with Americans. I want to warn everyone on the US BOI to please AVOID doing business with him.

Jeff had a special “BOGO” deal for his acrylic Repti-Vivs – buy three and get one free. I purchased nine 12x12x18 acrylic Repti-Vivs and asked for my three free ones to also be 12x12x18 sizes. A few weeks after I placed my order, Jeff contacted me and explained that he was temporarily sold out of 12x12x18 size vivariums. Jeff offered to send me three smaller size vivariums for free until the three I wanted were back in stock. I thought it was nice of Jeff to offer three smaller size vivs as temporary replacements so I told him I didn’t mind waiting until the 12x12x18 size vivs I needed came in. This was more than a year and a half ago (see screenshot 1 for proof this discussion occurred).

Although I am happy Jeff still sent something, it wasn't what I originally ordered. I needed the 12x12x18 size vivariums a lot more than the smaller size ones.

It is now September, 2016 and I have STILL not received my 12x12x18 vivariums that Jeff promised me. I sent Jeff several messages via Facebook asking when he would be able to ship the vivariums I ordered. Each time I inquired, Jeff was “waiting for more shipments to come.” There was even a point on June 7th, 2015, when Jeff claimed “he had 4 vivariums left” and said he would send them – that never happened.

As months and months went by, I finally had enough and on May 30, 2016, I asked Jeff if he could instead send me three of his PVC cages because he was unable to bring in the acrylic vivariums and started up a PVC cage building side-business. Jeff agreed to make and send three PVC vivariums instead of the acrylic ones I had originally ordered (see screenshot for proof of conversation).

When the time came for the PVC vivariums to ship, I was informed that there was an issue with shipping and the PVC cages would not be sent out like planned. Jeff did not tell me the cause of the issue; he only said the PVC cages could not be shipped.

Jeff offered to send me three glass Zilla 28020 vivariums from Amazon. I told Jeff I was fine with that; as at this point I just wanted my vivariums so I could finally use them for my animals. Jeff sent a screenshot from Amazon of the order, so I assumed everything was fine and Amazon would ship them within a few weeks.

I still had not received my vivariums. I contacted Jeff, this time extremely frustrated, and said I would post on the BOI as this has been going on now for ALMOST TWO YEARS. Jeff was offended I “threatened” to go to the BOI but at this point, I feel like I don’t have much of a choice – it’s ridiculous that I have not received the cages I ordered back in 2014! I would hardly call it “threatening” after waiting as long as I have.

Jeff claimed the Amazon vivariums are on “backorder.” I checked Amazon.ca and all the small size Naturalistic terrariums/vivariums are listed as “in-stock.” Regardless, two weeks has passed since he claimed he placed the order and I have STILL not received anything.Regarding the Amazon order, I have a feeling he ordered the vivariums and then cancelled the order right away. It's clear that if he had ordered them, they would have been shipped because they are IN STOCK TODAY.

I don’t like to cause trouble or bring negative attention to anyone but this is beyond unacceptable now. I am tired of dealing with this problem and hearing excuse after excuse.

Apparently, I am not the only person this has happened to.

I posted this complaint on the Herpetoculture Feedback and Inquiry Facebook page as well as on Fauna's Canadian Board of Inquiry and have yet to receive a response from Jeff - he has blocked me and refused to answer for his dishonesty.

I advise everyone in the reptile community to avoid doing business with him as I'm not the only person; I'm just the only one who came forward at this time. I know he sells PVC cages but there are other, more deserving people to purchase PVC enclosures from and if this is how he handles my situation, you can bet he will do it again (and has).
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
ariellise
More Evidence

Since I could only upload 4 images with my original post, please see screenshots below for additional evidence. I was SCAMMED by Jeffrey Ribeiro and did not receive the enclosures I paid for!
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
DrGekko
Unhappy

I'm having a similar problem with him actually. Bumped into this thread out of curiosity to see if anyone else had negative experiences with him. I ordered an acrylic cage from him late August on Etsy. After over a week past the posted ship date I decided to message him to see what the problem was. After a week and a total of 4 messages to him he finally got back to me and said that he had sent the cage a couple days ago. Funnily enough he didn't even have the courtesy to call me the right name and called me some other name, which is strange considering my full name is plastered on the order page and the message page as well as in my message. He also said he was in Costa Rica or something and that we would get the shipping information to me 'soon'.

Fast forward to today, it's been close to a month since then and he hasn't sent me anything. I've messaged him 4 more times to see if he can get the tracking info to me and still nothing. Even more interesting, I started following him on Twitter and Instagram months ago when I first heard about his products... He's been posting on Instagram from his home for weeks now. He has enough time to post on instagram and twitter but apparently can't get back to you or me haha.

I feel the same way as you. I don't like making waves or causing conflict, but Jeffery/Reptile Edge is not trustworthy at all so far. Hopefully more people come forward with experiences with him. I hope it's just some weird set of circumstances, but from my experience so far and seeing what has happened with you, it doesn't seem to be the case. Let's hope he ends up doing the right thing for the both of us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!