exoticpets ??? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #31
kmurphy
Quote:
Um, Bobby, you did sort of come out swinging at the guy and accuse him of being out just to make money of a misrepresented animal.
Seems to me that this is exactly what he was doing. He was called on the carpet for two of his ads recently and blew both off with the usual stance that scammers take. "That's what it was sold to me as" or "you don't know tegus do you". Then on this thread he has lame excuses. It took the BOI to make him do what is right.

What makes someone a "good guy". Satisfied customers; Probably the family that bought the pb morph are satisfied. Often people have good reputations because no ones ever complained. This may be because they were ether too intimidated, or inexperienced, to do so.

Is he going to refund the family some money because they paid much more than the animal's worth?

My feeling is that Ken is getting off the hook because he is well known. Just keep that in mind when some newbie makes the same mistake.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #32
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Um, Bobby, you did sort of come out swinging at the guy and accuse him of being out just to make money of a misrepresented animal.

Unless you guys discussed this someplace else first that is.

Ken has made mistakes in the past, as most who are not me have, LOL, but he has ALWAYS, to my knowledge, corrected them when he's been notified.

Ken is one of the really good guys out there.
Well Wes, if the shoe fits, he was notified (twice), and did not correct it until he was faced with it on the BOI.

And Kevin, no one is off the hook, and he is starting to make it a habit. This is strike two in my book, same story, different animal.

I really thought you would have caught the sarcasm in my post.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #33
kmurphy
Quote:
Well Wes, if the shoe fits, he was notified (twice), and did not correct it until he was faced with it on the BOI.

And Kevin, no one is off the hook, and he is starting to make it a habit. This is strike two in my book, same story, different animal.

I really thought you would have caught the sarcasm in my post.
Actually it blew right by me Bobby, sorry.

There are things about these two incidents that don't add up for me. Dropping Bob Applegate's name when that was I lie. Saying that the pictures were taken of the incorrect animal when it is so easy just to look at the add and check it out. This should have been done when someone questioned the locality of the animal and not after it came to light on the BOI.

Acting like you don't know who Nocturnal Tom and bluerosey are seems a little disingenuous to me also.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #34
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose
Wes, thanks. I've pulled the ad until I can resolve the mixup. My wifes out of town with the camera, so my staff took the photos. They might have got the tegus mixed up. They are young. It's easy enough to do with all the stuff we have in stock, but you've seen the place, so you know what I mean.

Ken

Ken,

I'm sorry but that is a load of crap unless you didnt even bother to actually look at the email I sent you

Subj: Argentine tegu
Date: 12/30/2007 12:55:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: ExoticPets LV

Hello,

The tegu you have listed on Kingsnake is not an argentine tegu (Tupinambis merinae) it is in fact a colombian tegu (Tupinambis teguixin). I am not mistaken in what I am telling you as I work with both species.
(Since an email reply of yours to a fellow tregu keeper was demeaning to say the least.) If you do not fix your ad I will put your company up on fauna's BOI for misrepresentation and on several tegu sites on the internet so people will know that thjis animal is not an argentine tegu.

Please take the time to review these pictures.

Argentine tegu Tupinambis merinae

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h8...t=DSC02750.jpg

Colombian tegu

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h8...t=DSC01884.jpg

Just for quick comparison here is the animal on your ad

http://market.kingsnake.com/image/734082.jpg

Which does it look like to you?

Now if you can not see the difference between the 2 (or the simlarity of your pictured animal to my teguixin) then you should not be selling tegus.

Kevin Luzzi

Now yes, I admit I grabbed a horrible picture of an argentine (blurred etc)
But still even by comparing your picture (which I linked to you) with a picture of my colombian it should have made you think but instead all i get is this.

Subj: Re: Argentine tegu
Date: 12/30/2007 8:20:04 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: Ameivaboy

Kevin, it's an Argentine tegu. You can report me to whoever you like, but that won't change the fact of what the animal is. I do know the difference, and have no reason to try to rip anyone off. I'd love to avoid a conflict, but I'm sorry to say that I see no way to resolve this. It is an Argentine tegu.

Thanks,
Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur Blvd. #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702)631-7387
FX (702)631-7367
http://www.Exoticpetslv.com

Now, it's easy to blame your employees but then again you hired them.
If doesnt take that competent of a person to see the difference between the 2 species. If this truly was a mistake made by your employees then it seems you need to hire more competent experienced people and it should have been caught by whoever actually put the ad up. Hopefully, when people email in the future you wont just brush them off.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #35
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Actually it blew right by me Bobby, sorry.

There are things about these two incidents that don't add up for me. Dropping Bob Applegate's name when that was I lie. Saying that the pictures were taken of the incorrect animal when it is so easy just to look at the add and check it out. This should have been done when someone questioned the locality of the animal and not after it came to light on the BOI.

Acting like you don't know who Nocturnal Tom and bluerosey are seems a little disingenuous to me also.
As the old saying goes, if it smells like a fish, swims like a fish, and looks like a fish, then it must be a fish.

I doubt he would have made these comments if he knew who was behind the questions:

Quote:
You can report me to whoever you like, but that won't change the fact of what the animal is. I do know the difference, and have no reason to try to rip anyone off.
Quote:
Actually it's an Argentine. And a good price to boot. Don't know much about tegus, do ya?
The average buyer would have taken his word and been stuck with a cheaper/wrong animal. He is not cleared in my book, and his actions show that of someone after the money without the care needed to do good business. By misrepresenting animals after being contacted about the truth like he is doing, is not good business in the least. Far from it. JMHO

I will also say that Kevin AKA Ameivaboy showed him the differences, he still left the ad up and claimed it was something it was not.

No, he is not getting off that easy.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #36
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Subj: Re: Argentine tegu
Date: 1/1/2008 8:33:16 AM Pacific Standard Time
To: Ameivaboy

Well, I do stand corrected. My guys did indeed pull the wrong tegu. I just left a list of animals to photograph, and did not look closely enough at the thumbnail before I posted the ad. I have so many ads that I rarely take the time to actually look at the ad after I post it. I guess I better take more time to check out the details. I think the fact that when they took the tegu out of the cage, and it was so very docile and had rough skin, much more textured then what we are used to for a Columbian it fooled them. I do breed Argentine tegus, and we should have caught the difference before posting the ad. Embarassing, but not the worst thing that has ever happened lol. Take care

Thanks,
Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur Blvd. #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702)631-7387
FX (702)631-7367
http://www.Exoticpetslv.com

I'm glad the mix up is over with and I appreciate your email , will we be seeing an ad for an actual argentine tegu now

Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #37
Ken Foose
Actually, we'd sold the Argentine the day before I instructed the photo be taken, which is also what led to the confusion. We do have a larger one listed for sale. The Columbian is safe and sound and at a new and improved lower price. And once again the world is spinning on greased grooves.

Ken
Somedays you're the bug, and somedays you're the windshield.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #38
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose
Actually, we'd sold the Argentine the day before I instructed the photo be taken, which is also what led to the confusion. We do have a larger one listed for sale. The Columbian is safe and sound and at a new and improved lower price. And once again the world is spinning on greased grooves.

Ken
Somedays you're the bug, and somedays you're the windshield.
Awesome Ken, I am glad it all worked out. As Wes said, we all make mistakes, what matters is how we learn from them.

And we all know being the bug is not much fun.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #39
Wilomn
Ken really is a good guy.

He's got this fairly small store just crammed with neat stuff and this REALLY weird people working there. I know he posts a buttload of ads and uses said weird employees to assist him hence the mixup but I also know he's one of the most honest guys in this business.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Ken really is a good guy.

He's got this fairly small store just crammed with neat stuff and this REALLY weird people working there. I know he posts a buttload of ads and uses said weird employees to assist him hence the mixup but I also know he's one of the most honest guys in this business.
Well, he may be a good guy, but let's look at the facts. He was CLEARLY informed about the misrepresented animal. His knee jerk reaction, was to say, "You don't know what you're talking about."

He could have checked the ad, to see if there was any validity to the proposition, and had plenty of time to do it.

Either he's just a lazy slob, or dishonest. Either way, I won't be buying anything there soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!