exoticpets ??? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #41
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Well, he may be a good guy, but let's look at the facts. He was CLEARLY informed about the misrepresented animal. His knee jerk reaction, was to say, "You don't know what you're talking about."

He could have checked the ad, to see if there was any validity to the proposition, and had plenty of time to do it.

Either he's just a lazy slob, or dishonest. Either way, I won't be buying anything there soon.
You know rocket, when some yahoo, much like yourself, comes out of the blue and tells me I'm wrong about something I'm fairly sure I'm right about I may well do just as Ken did and tell that yahoo to flaggelate himself.

It was taken care of, an appology was made and it's over. I SERIOUSLY doubt Ken will miss your business. There are plenty like me who would do business with him or recommend him to others.

I'm done defending Ken, he really doesn't need it if you're familiar with the volume he does or how long he's been doing it.

You though, you just feel free to make an ass, again, of yourself anytime you like. It is the ONE thing at which you excell.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #42
jsrocket
Wes, I didn't say you were wrong about Mr. Foose. If I had a nickel for every "nice guy" friend of mine, who tripped over his own feet around every corner, I'd have about $683.41.

His whole story is lame. I have also stuck up for friends, after they messed up. But they have to do their best to correct what they messed up, if they want any help from me.

If that is Mr. Foose's best, I am not impressed.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #43
Ken Foose
Not that I want this back to the top again, but I felt I should reply. You are correct Jim, I was lame. I was pissed and pretty much unresponsive to several good people. I had just gotten a half dozen emails calling me a lier, cheat, crook, and basically scum. By the time I got to the emails that really counted, I was so upset I blew them off. My mistake, but I will rack it up to human nature also. I really pride myself on my stock, my husbandry, and my staff. I also attempt to be honest in all transactions, and I don't believe you will find anyone anywhere that can claim that I ripped them off. I am very good at resolving problems on my end, and I do believe that each and everyone of my customers has been happy with the way they were treated and by the product they recieve. 90% of my business is walk in customers, and they of course get to pick and choose what they want, feel it, hold it, smell it, all the stuff that's almost impossible to do over the internet. Sorry you will never buy from me, but then again, you are part of the 10% that don't come to the store. It's your choice, and I respect that. Wes, we moved to a new place back in March, a half mile down the road from the old store. It's a brand new building, and a bit over twice as big. I of course have already run out of room! I always thought that the old store we were in for about 16 years looked like someones basement, which I kinda liked. The new place looks a bit more like a Petco, only full of herps instead of dog food.
Anyway, sorry for being a bonehead. Now I'm just lame. Which I guess is a bit better. Things are looking up!

Thanks,
Ken

Old 01-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #44
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Wes, I didn't say you were wrong about Mr. Foose. If I had a nickel for every "nice guy" friend of mine, who tripped over his own feet around every corner, I'd have about $683.41.

His whole story is lame. I have also stuck up for friends, after they messed up. But they have to do their best to correct what they messed up, if they want any help from me.

If that is Mr. Foose's best, I am not impressed.
Jim you can run after him if you wish, however I will not be a part of it. It would just be in my book.
He knew he was wrong and admitted it, what more do you want? Blood?

Wes says he is a good guy, thats good enough for me. We all make mistakes, thats a given, but this is over in my book.

Mr Foose has done a lot more good than harm to our hobby, I doubt he would try to hurt his reputation over a 150.00 tegu. JMHO

Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #45
E2MacPets
I think Ken's a good guy who has done a good job of running a good business for a good number of years. Is that enough usage of the word 'good' to get my point across?

He fell back on his own firm belief that he has had an honest career, a good business, good staff, etc and defended himself as such. It's hard to fault him. And I'm quite sure the employees responsible for posting ads will not make the same mistake again.

Once again- GOOD GUY.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #46
Seamus Haley
Ken's the guy who taught me how to tell the difference between Argentine and Colombian tegus... The pattern is the more visually obvious differnce of course, but patterns are muteable and he aimed me at counting the loreal scales, that being the taxonomically signifigant difference between the two...

Last time I talked to him, he was running his shop seven days a week and would generally throw ads on Kingsnake in the evening afterwards. It's understandable that, given his schedule and the volume he handles, a mislabeled photograph can happen. One thing I would stake anything I had on though... There's no way anyone who paid for an Argentine would have been sent a Colombian. The mistake would have been caught and corrected before anything ended up being shipped.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #47
kmurphy
There are a bunch of well respected guys coming here and sticking up for Ken and it probably doesn't make sense that he would purposely post an ad with an incorrect picture.

However a statement like this;
Quote:
Sorry you will never buy from me, but then again, you are part of the 10% that don't come to the store.
is just like the "you don't know too much about tegus" or "it was sold to me as such so that's what it is".

It is this non-caring attitude that says volumes IMO and not the actual mistakes, which we all make.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #48
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Ken's the guy who taught me how to tell the difference between Argentine and Colombian tegus... The pattern is the more visually obvious differnce of course, but patterns are muteable and he aimed me at counting the loreal scales, that being the taxonomically signifigant difference between the two...

Last time I talked to him, he was running his shop seven days a week and would generally throw ads on Kingsnake in the evening afterwards. It's understandable that, given his schedule and the volume he handles, a mislabeled photograph can happen. One thing I would stake anything I had on though... There's no way anyone who paid for an Argentine would have been sent a Colombian. The mistake would have been caught and corrected before anything ended up being shipped.
Yes, for the most part you can go by the loreal scales, however not always. He is a picture of an Argentine black n white with only one loreal scale on each side:

So even though it holds true in most cases that the Colombians have one loreal scale and the Argentines have two, it can sometimes vary to some degree in rare cases.

Colombians are smooth scales, and Argentines have beaded scales, the Argentines also have the lateral line that runs down their sides. The Colombians also have a more narrow pointed snout, where the Argentine's are more blunt and rounded. Also at no point in the Colombians life do they have the green heads, this is only found in the Argentine black n whites.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #49
varnyard
Here we go again, this time listed under the lizard section for a much higher price $220.00. The first time the price was $150.00, same animal. And a Colombian tegu.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=559975

Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #50
kmurphy
Quote:
The first time the price was $150.00, same animal.
Is this the same animal that was sold already?

I can't understand why his employees keep taking pictures of the wrong tegu. I also can't believe the stupidity of pulling the same scam so quickly after being called out on the other ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!