exoticpets ??? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #71
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Bullsnot.

Ken has proved to some of us that he is a standup guy. If you've never worked retail, never had employees, then you know nothing of what his problems may be.

I seriously doubt that Ken did this himself. Why would a guy with a rep like his trash it for a few hundred bucks?

He may well have an employee who thinks he knows more than Ken, or one who is simply too dense to learn, or maybe is really trying hard and just not making the grade, but I don't think Ken is doing this on purpose.

Some of the "clique" know him and have known of him for a long time. Trust me, if I thought he was doing this on purpose I'd be on him like bess on koolaide. I wouldn't be alone either.

The thing is, he DOES have an exccellent reputation and it's going to take more than a few mistakes to trash it. The brooksi is a fairly new morph and when he got it straightened out picture wise, weren't you taken care of? I may be mistaken, but I thought you were.

As far as the tegus go, I don't believe Ken was the one who posted either of those ads and weren't both pulled as soon as it was pointed out that they were wrong? Again, I may be wrong but I thought both of them were.

His operation is large. Considering the number of animals he sells one should cut him a bit of slack for the occasional mistake AS long as he owns up to them. These are not high ticket hets or anything, they're small time goofups.
OK, let's assume all that is correct. Which it isn't, but lets ASSUME it is.

How many times have I read on here (and this IS correct), that you can really see what someone is made of, by how they handle the problem deals? Anyone can walk away smelling like a rose on a good, fair deal, and justly so.

If this is a problem with his employees, the volume hes does, bla bla..., then he should get a grip on it. As they say, it's his name on the marquis.

Also, I don't buy the "I was too busy" excuse. He was not to busy to write emails to people who questioned the labeling of his animals. But, he Was too busy to take 25 seconds to check the ad? Doesn't add up.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #72
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
I back Ken Foose 100%
People make errors, and I don't believe for one second that Ken would intentionally make an error. Ken is a stand-up guy! I have known Ken for years and have served proffessionally with him as a board member of the IHS.

Randal Berry
Oh hell yea, let's all support crap ads, you bet ya.

Chris Johnson was a good guy too, he just messed up a few times in his ads and about what he was selling, but that should not matter at all, correct?

Where do you draw the line? When is the seller responsible for their ads? 2 times, 5 times, 10 times, what about 100 times, you guys tell me?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #73
kmurphy
Bobby,
Quote:
So Wes, you think Ken should have a free pass? And he does not need to answer for his (getting to be) many false ads?
Wes,
Quote:
Is that really what you think I'm saying?
Yes, Wes, it does appear that you're giving him a pass. I don't think anyone would argue that Ken is ultimately responsible for what goes into his ads regardless of who posted them. However, there does appear to be a track record of misrepresentation that goes beyond mismanagement. If he didn't make heads roll with the first two occurrences then he has no excuses for the subsequent ones.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #74
Wilomn
The thing is, we don't know what, if anything, Ken has done.

Perhaps we should let Ken address this.

Ken?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #75
varnyard
Quote:
The thing is, we don't know what, if anything, Ken has done.

Perhaps we should let Ken address this.

Ken?
I agree Wes, but what will be the excuse this time?

He can also answer why he was dropping Bob Applegate's name, and explain why.

That should not take too much of his time.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #76
shrap
I got to thinking about something and got to looking at all of Kens ads on KS over the last couple of hours. If you look at all of Kens ads on KS, over 400 of them, we have stumbled across 2 here in the last two weeks that were wrong.

What is that.... a 99.5% correct ad rate? Out of over 400 placed ads, 2 mistakes. I think we may be coming down a little hard on Ken. Does anyone here think they could post over 400 ads a week not make a single mistake? Does anyone here believe they are just that perfect?

Although I do admit it didnt look good when it was the same animal twice in a row in such a short period of time. But I do think we need to look at the big picture and realize that when you are posting that many ads mistakes are going to happen.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #77
shrap
Sorry I forgot this point as well....

For having that many ads I have not seen anyone come forward saying they got the wrong animal shipped to them. Or any other complaint about Ken for that matter. If he was selling misrepresented animals I think we would have heard about it by now with all of the animals he sells.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #78
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
I got to thinking about something and got to looking at all of Kens ads on KS over the last couple of hours. If you look at all of Kens ads on KS, over 400 of them, we have stumbled across 2 here in the last two weeks that were wrong.

What is that.... a 99.5% correct ad rate? Out of over 400 placed ads, 2 mistakes. I think we may be coming down a little hard on Ken. Does anyone here think they could post over 400 ads a week not make a single mistake? Does anyone here believe they are just that perfect?

Although I do admit it didnt look good when it was the same animal twice in a row in such a short period of time. But I do think we need to look at the big picture and realize that when you are posting that many ads mistakes are going to happen.
I don't think it was the same lizard but two differnt tegus with the same mistake being made about both of them.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #79
shrap
Quote:
I don't think it was the same lizard but two differnt tegus with the same mistake being made about both of them.
Same thing only different. It was the same species, same mistake. Splitting hairs. You get my point.

Hugs and Kisses,

Sammy

Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #80
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap

Well, no. First of all, it was not the same animal. Second of all, I don't have a problem with someone making a mistake. What I do have a problem with, is how the mistake was handled.

Are we reading the same thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!