JAY SITES--KENTUCKY-BAD GUY!?-any info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
BenSiegelReptiles
JAY SITES--KENTUCKY-BAD GUY!?-any info

This guy inquired about a ball python we had last august. We were asking $1500 for it and he offered us less. I told him no, but if he only had $1200 I would let him pay me the rest in a month or two when he could and still ship him his snake--he said no problem. We contacted him several times since november and have been given several exuses including medical problems as reason for non payment. When we did get him on the phone he would say, I will call you tommorow to pay. I know I know--it is my own fault for trusting this guy, but figured I would warn any potential dealers or customers. If anyone has info on him that would be great as well.

here is his info

Jay Sites
grayson kentucky--41143
phone
740-534-2177

Old 01-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
HopingForBabies
I bought a pair of GTPs from him a few months back and had no problems.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Gary O
Ben I have dealt with him at shows many times. Never had an issue. He has always seemed honest and up front. I can not tell you when the last show was that i have seen him but I know he was selling some snakes the last time I seen him.

I may see him next month. He goes to the Columbus show a lot. I have not vended the columbus show for 2 months though.

Sorry that this happened though. IT sucks when people take advantage of kindness.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
BenSiegelReptiles
thats great--was that before or after he had his large intestine removed?--glad you had a good experience--maybe you could give him a shout for me.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
BenSiegelReptiles
seems kind of idiotic to me as well to tarnish your rep over 2 or 3 hundred bucks-I figured 6 months was long enough to wait

Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Gary O
I did not knwo he was ill. I know I seen him in NOV. I did not do the columbus show in DEC and there was not a INDY show in DEC.

I am almost sure he was at the NOV. Columbus show. and I am almost sure he was at the indy show in NOV also.

If I see him I will for sure bring this up. I will contact you as soon as I can if I see him.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben siegel
seems kind of idiotic to me as well to tarnish your rep over 2 or 3 hundred bucks-I figured 6 months was long enough to wait

I agree. 6 months for a few hundred. WOW.

Can I ask what snake it was. The only reason I ask is he had a few nice Ball pythons for sale a few months back he traded one or two for a Pinstripe though. I do not think any were proven morphs. The indy show he did have a nice adult male orange ghost.

If you do not want to post it that is cool. I will help in anyway I can as I do see him at shows. Well I use to. If I see him at a show I will be for sure bringing you up bro.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
Gary O
It was not the Nov show in INDY it was the OCT show. I did not go to the NOV show. But I did see him at Columbus. and it was OCT he had the Orange ghost male(adult at INDY)

Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
jaysreptiles
When I made the purchase I even said I wasnt sure when Id have the rest and stated so. I have sold alot of my collection since June 1st when I lost my job to keep my lights on. I have made good with Ben now on this and am more than sorry it went this long. He would call private and when I wasnt around to take the call. He apparently did not recieve emails I have sent him and will be forwarding those all to him again. Bad timing and I apparently have had e-mail problems in the past with certain senders and what service they use being detected as spam as well. I have had multiple life issues that have affected me in a very hard way. I dont feel my reputation has been tarnished for those who know me. I am truly sorry to have inconvenienced Ben and for anyone who has or hasnt dealt with him is more than fair and has very nice animals.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
jaysreptiles
And for the record the purchase was made in August as a birthday present from my wife so just over four months and at the time he said a couple months would be fine. I do apologize at the time it took. The main thing is its resolved and is between Ben and I and has been resolved. As I said hes a good guy. None of the animals I have sold would have been if it werent for being out of work, and HATE that I have had to. I have held on to 30-35 animals Just goes to show though you never know what someone is going through. Ben was actually included in an email that I sent out to friends and such. I may as well post it here as well. I don't at all like my personal life out in the open but what the heck.....So if your reading maybe this applies. Other than that I am done with this and after talking to Ben he is too. Again sorry Ben.

If you are receiving this message, it is because I feel I owe it. I would just like to say I am sorry to any of you who over the last 6-8 months I may have offended, been offensive, said something wrong, taken advantage of, not been there if I was needed, anything at all. I have had the roughest time of my life physically, mentally, financially, you name it and it has went bad. I am in no way making excuses I just hope if this fits the case you can look past it. Any of you that knew me prior to that knows I have been a little different at times and I know that. On top of everything I have been let down in so many ways, betrayed, just whatever can go bad. There is alot that not too many people know that has gone on in my life and in most cases I am stuck fighting battles all alone, if not mine for someone (I prefer that). I trust that we are not burdened with more than we can handle, but I am wore down. Im not sure how anyone could go through these trials without spiritual guidance, that has been my only solace. As of right now it doesnt seem things are going to be much better anytime soon, so please be patient. This should explain to some of you why I resort to being a 'loner' more often than not. Its how I deal with things. I don't care much for talking about things very often if ever. It can seem like I have a chip on my shoulder, not the case. Please dont take anything from me personal. I assure I am trying to get my old self back, its just not easy. Once again, I am truly sorry to any of you this may apply to, if it doesnt please keep it in mind. I would appreciate any thoughts and/or prayers. Thanks in advance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!