Female Florida Boxie Wanted! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
ladyroze
Exclamation Female Florida Boxie Wanted!

[size=4]DESPERATELY SEEKING FEMALE FLORIDA BOXIE. MY MALE IS TRYING TO BREED EVERYTHING IN THE YARD THAT VAGUELY RESEMBLES A TURTLE. HELP!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
Vince
better be careful , florida box turtles are an endangerd species and you can get in big trouble with out the right paper work.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
ladyroze
Precisely why I'm looking for one. Certain species have to be captive bred if they are to survive. They are rapidly disappearing in the wild. I already have a male that I obtained purely by accident - he was being sold in a local petshop as an ornate! I simply want a mate for him as he is trying to cross-breed with my easterns. I want to keep the species pure and see that is does not become extinct like so many before it. It is a shame to see so many beautiful animals no longer around because of people when there are still some people who want to do something to keep their species going. I belong to a local Turtle & Tortoise Society and have permits to keep many endangered species. The hard part is obtaining them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-23-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Vince
well good luck,and no doubt about it breeding these guys in captivity is a good idea, I currently have a pair, and 3 that i hatched out that are a year old, just rember if someone trys to sell you one from florida it is defently an poached animal.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
ladyroze
Strangely enough, the few responses I've had have been from the weirdest places. No one in FL will even touch the subject. I can't blame them. I wouldn't ship out a California Desert Tortoise to anyone, although I have a permit to keep them. They are a perfect example. Thanks to captive breeding, there are way more of them in captivity than there are in the wild now. Just shows you that it works wonders. They have to be placed in the right hands though. Most box turtles die within months of entering the pet trade, which is very sad. I've had mine for over 20 years. I've had my male about 3 years, which shows me they do well here. I waited to be sure of that before looking to get him a mate. I'm all out for their best interest. He's got a great personality, a little more aggressive than the 3-toes and easterns, and I just don't want to see them disappear. They are beautiful and personable, and they need our help to survive. Too many people would rather see parking lots and high rise buildings than natural habitat. It's very sad.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
Vince
sounds good, I hope everything works out, maybe one day , if leagle we can trade a baby for a baby. and sorry about turning your wanted ad to a conversation. take care and good luck!

Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #7
ladyroze
No problem. Thanx! I was able to obtain several 1-year olds. So, if interested in a trade...
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-28-2004, 11:49 AM   #8
ladyroze
been thinking, although I would like to add new bloodlines, i wouldn't give up my babies for the world! they are very special to me.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-28-2004, 12:02 PM   #9
Vince
thats great, i wasnt talking about now I only have three my self. maybe in a year or two . when we both get a breeding project going.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #10
ladyroze
I was finally able to get ahold of a female, and they have been verrry busy. Hoping for some babies next year. Been looking for several years now. Hopefully things are finally looking up. It will be a few years before those yearlings produce. Hopefully there are more females than males. Still looking for more adult females to add to my group though. Don't want brothers and sisters getting together
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread