Second Amendment sanctuary counties in the USA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-28-2021, 04:08 AM   #1
WebSlave
Second Amendment sanctuary counties in the USA

I found this of interest. Of course, it is a bit out of date, so I wonder how much this may have changed since 11-03-2020?

https://sanctuarycounties.com/2020/0...ugust-16-2020/
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
Jonathan P
Definitely interesting to see the way the country breaks down.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #3
WebSlave
Yeah, some surprises and some, not so much. Honestly, I would have thought that a LOT more counties in Texas would take such a stand. But perhaps they feel their efforts are better spent just trying to exit the UNITED States of America. Things could get interesting if more states tried to follow that route.

Fortunately I am in one of the green counties in Florida. Of course, you do have to wonder what would happen if the federal government sent in troops to try to enforce some unconstitutional law they passed in Washington D.C. Things could get REAL exciting.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
Jonathan P
Agreed. Really surprised by the upper northeast not having any green areas! I'm a life long Marylander and there is no hope for this kind of second amendment support. Though the shooting and conservation club I'm part of does have a different view.

Nice to be around other people that understand what it means and that enjoy shooting for the sport/fun of it. Get tired of explaining it to most of the people around here.

Some day plan on retiring in a area that isn't here. lol

Old 01-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #5
WebSlave
Heck, the wife and I moved out of the Baltimore, MD area some 30 years ago, and wild horses couldn't drag us back there again. I doubt we will even ever visit that state again. And I was born and raised in Maryland myself. I can still remember sitting outside in a high chair at the picnic table as a very young kid, with my mom feeding me chunks of steamed crab meat. I can also remember my mom telling me that it was OK that I drink Pepsi with crabs, even though my dad sternly told me that I MUST drink beer when I eat them. Never did like the taste of beer, so this was an awakening for me. Parents will lie to you.

Yeah, there are some things we miss (readily available steamed blue crabs, for one), but the balance sheet is WAY heavy on the other side.

Connie and I bought our property here in north Florida with the intention of moving down when we retired and building a house on the property. So happens that a friend of mine I worked with got diagnosed with lung cancer and since we both worked the night shift at the data center, we had some long discussions many nights. He said to me, "Rich, you know, there were a lot of things I planned to do when I got older, but now I know that I will never do them." Made a BIG impression on me, let me tell you. I talked it over with my boss at the time, and he told me, "Rich, you can always come up with excuses NOT to do something, and live to regret it. You need to figure out what you really want to do, and just do it."

So Connie and I put our heads together to figure out if we could move then and there, and although it was dicey, at best, we took the plunge. And it worked out pretty well. I believe for the best, but heck, when you make a decision at a fork in the road, you really never know what might have happened had you taken the other road. But I sincerely doubt not moving would have been a better choice.

Heck, if I remember correctly, I believe that half the guns I had at the time would have become illegal to own in Maryland when they passed some goofy laws not long after we moved out of there.

Good riddance, Maryland.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #6
Jonathan P
You two are way smarter then me. Need to finish ties to a bad marriage and reignite ties with beautiful children before I go.

You aren't kidding about Maryland gun laws either. Been to shows in PA where lots of the dealers wouldn't even deal with you if you are from Maryland even cash and carry deals. Oh well. My little collection grows anyway. :-)

Favorite one I stole almost out of another buyers hands, dumb ass put it down because it didn't look nice enough, was a Colt 1911 commercial made in 1920. Snatched it up as soon as it hit the table again. Dealer looked at me smiled and gave me a better price then he had offered the previous guy even without being asked. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!