The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #11
WebSlave
As long as dropping the BOI doesn't sink this site, it will be around for awhile. As long as it continues operating in the black, of course, and the headaches don't outweigh keeping this site running.

Back at the beginning this all ran in the red for the longest time, but I was using funds from my own reptile breeding business to keep it running. Heck, I was having to upgrade my hosting and server resources about every other month back then, and honestly it was really a pain in the butt doing all those server changes, even outside of the expenses involved. Not to mention that this all was quite the learning curve for me. And not one I would call a "pleasant" learning curve at all. I'm still not sure why I kept at it for so long back then when I was busy as hell with all the reptile stuff Connie and I had to do. I suppose I had the illusion that I was doing something worthwhile, I guess.

But now that I retired that business, that sort of financial drain for any altruistic purposes can no longer be realistically considered.