Auctions allowed? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Yaz23
Auctions allowed?

Wanted to ask something real quick. I was thinking about putting one of my animals for sale as an auction. Is this allowed?

I will delete the current 'for sale' ad and make a new ad. The ad will start at the extreme lowest I am willing to take and whoever has the highest bid will get the snake. All bids will have to be placed ON THE AD so its visible to everyone.

Please let me know if I'm allowed to do this. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
WebSlave
Actually there is very little difference between making the statement "best offer" within the ad, and having the sale held as an auction. So no, I don't have any problems with it.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
SnakeEyesExotics
Cool! I was kinda wondering about this too.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
joseydiann
Ahhhh darn I wanted to do something like that with my dragons and send the money to Rich but I was told not to that it wasn't allowed and it would cause problems hummm..

Well good to know..

Amanda

Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Ahhhh darn I wanted to do something like that with my dragons and send the money to Rich but I was told not to that it wasn't allowed and it would cause problems hummm..

Well good to know..

Amanda
Amanda, if when you mean Rich aka Big Meanie or Webslave, we have a contibutions thread in the BOI http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=139752 where you can donate. If this is the "wrong" Rich, I apologize.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #6
joseydiann
Thanks Dean and yeah when I had like 60 dragons I was going to do that and send/donate the money to him for the site, but was told that I can't and now all the dragons are gone!

Amanda

Old 04-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #7
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Thanks Dean and yeah when I had like 60 dragons I was going to do that and send/donate the money to him for the site, but was told that I can't and now all the dragons are gone!

Amanda
I dont know who told you that but maybe they just misunderstood. I am pretty sure that auctions have been discussed in a previous thread as well because there have been quite a few "sales" auctions that didnt benefit the site nor a particular party as well recently.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
Yaz23
Wow, I started a good thread lol

Rich, thanks for your prompt response. I had noticed the 'Donation' autions a little while back but havent seen personal auctions go up so I was unsure if that was ok or not. I personally believe there should be rules though.

BIG Rule #1 being, you need to start the auction at a reasonable price.
We dont want all these auctions popping up every second because someone wanted to start their snake off at $0.01 you know what I mean?

Maybe there should be rules attached to personal auctions or a seperate room eventually? I believe many people would be interested in the idea and as I notice now I think more people have thought about the idea but never actually did it or asked about it.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz23 View Post
Wow, I started a good thread lol

Rich, thanks for your prompt response. I had noticed the 'Donation' autions a little while back but havent seen personal auctions go up so I was unsure if that was ok or not. I personally believe there should be rules though.

BIG Rule #1 being, you need to start the auction at a reasonable price.
We dont want all these auctions popping up every second because someone wanted to start their snake off at $0.01 you know what I mean?

Maybe there should be rules attached to personal auctions or a seperate room eventually? I believe many people would be interested in the idea and as I notice now I think more people have thought about the idea but never actually did it or asked about it.
Yaz, I agree with most of what you are stating however, I dont think a starting bid amount would be necessary. I do think that they should be run without a reserve though since there is no way to set a reserve price.

My concern with auctions is that, normally, auctions are generally an "as-is" sale with no warranty or guarantee implied. I think dealing with live animals, we should have a generalized TOS as to what we can expect as a buyer as well as being a seller.

Just my .02

Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 AM   #10
WebSlave
Just remember that this will be between the seller and the buyer, and management here has no intention of getting involved. Auctions tend to be more of a headache than straight out sales tend to be (I ran FaunaAuctions a while back....... ), so you all have to understand that if problems crop up, you will have to deal with them yourself as best you can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!