CaneBrake RattleSnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
54bogger
CaneBrake RattleSnake

I went to Repticon in Ladson S.C this weekend just to LOOK, I came back with a 4 1/2 to 5ft canebrake rattler. Man I have no will power!! He's currently in shed but still seems to have a pretty good temperament, I named him Otis.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
54bogger
Here's Otis getting alittle sun before starting the shedding process.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Helenthereef
That head shot is a great one!

Old 06-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #4
54bogger
Here's Otis after he shed.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
54bogger
Well Otis died today, not sure why. He was loved and he'll be missed.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
Occidentalis
Was he eating? A lot of these animals are wild caught, sometimes loaded up with parasites they can't mitigate on their own in captivity.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
54bogger
He was wild caught, but there was no sign of parisites. He ate a ex large rat 3 weeks ago and I've seen his head in his water bowel, but I noticed Thursday when I took him out and placed him in a 12x12ft pen that I use for the snakes to get some exercise that he was not cruising like he would often do.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Very sad to hear, he was a beauty.

I know it's not much consolation for a snake you loved, but you might want to contact the seller and get a necropsy done (quickly), given that you only had him a month - he's likely to have come to you with his problem, and you may be able to get at least a partial refund.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
NocturnalNature
Sorry about your Canebrake Barry.
I'd give some serious thought to putting your Easterns in that outdoor enclosure if it's the same one the Canebrakes was in. Crotalus can pick up some absolutely devastating viruses that will easily wipe out entire colonies.
It wasn't too many years ago that a well known keeper in the HOT community lost the bulk of his Crotalus collection due to a virus sweeping through like wildfire.
Scary stuff to think of.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #10
54bogger
Thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!