Pictures: Chuck Hurd Serpentology pit vipers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
ChuckHurd
Pictures: Chuck Hurd Serpentology pit vipers

During the winter break from school, I had to rearrange several of my snakes. It gave me an opportunity to get a few photographs of some of my pit vipers. These are a few that I am most proud of, most will be breeding this coming season, but a couple are long term projects. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to ask me any questions about them.

F3 EDB Breeding Project

This is an F3 Eastern Diamondback project. This is a group project with Mike Williams. My male was CB 04 and his female was CB 03. Both are about 4.5 feet and in prefect health. His female is the snake on top. She holds a very pretty yellow outlining of the diamonds.

F2 KY locality male timber rattlesnake

This is my F2 KY locality timber. He was CB in 02 from F1's collected from Hazard, KY.

F2 NY locality female timber rattlesnake

I am very proud to have this animal. She is a CB 03 NY locality timber rattlesnake. If I am unable to acquire a pure blood line NY male by spring, I intend to put her back on the F2 KY male.

Cottonhead breeding project

This is one of my ongoing cottonhead projects. Here we are putting a large and exceptional colored male southern copperhead (collected north FL 05), back with a FL cottonmouth (collected 03 south FL). Both are around 3.5 feet. Very healthy and exceptionally docile animals. The third member of this trio is a very large western cottonmouth, that was collected in east TX in 04.

Cottonhead breeding project 2

If this trio produces, the offspring will be spectacular. We have put a male cottonmouth (collected south FL 2005) back with two exceptional sized female copperheads. The inter grade female was collected in Madison County, AL in 1999. The high orange female was CB from F1 parents off the SC sand hills in 2004. Both copperheads are over 4 feet. The male cottonmouth is only about 3.5 feet, but colored very unusual. Strikes a resemblance to a cantil.

Dark timber breeding project

If this pairing produces, they have the potential to be the darkest of timbers. Both parents are LTC F1's and very dark for their locality standards. The female, shown on the left, is the darker of the two. She is from WV and has been in captivity over 10 years. The male, on the right, is from KY and been in captivity just over 2 years.

Thank you,
Chuck Hurd
www.ChuckHurd.com

Old 12-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
christophermchale
those copperheads are stunners.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!