Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
endrin
No one lied, that pic is of 2 males the darker one with the penis out is the snake in question. In my email i said i got a cell text that had a pic of it being a male sent to me. Yes i tried for 2 weeks or so to breed it and nothing before bringing it to my friend who discovered the problem.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
endrin
Some drama people on here, its simple. I payed for a female got a male and i want a refund. Its not perry mason / agatha christie mysteries.... Again Lucille thank you for being level headed and objective.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #33
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
No one lied, that pic is of 2 males the darker one with the penis out is the snake in question. In my email i said i got a cell text that had a pic of it being a male sent to me. Yes i tried for 2 weeks or so to breed it and nothing before bringing it to my friend who discovered the problem.
If that was all I got in the pic, I would ask for more. 3 inches of a snake is not enough for me to tell if it is a snake I sold. If I saw that head with that tail, I would seriously question it being the same snake. Have you positively IDed the animal as the one you sent your friend, and confirmed to Josh that it was the same snake? I understand that none of the these things changes the fact that Josh sold you the wrong sex snake. If he did, he needs to fix it.

However, you should have sexed it upon arrival, or had someone else do it. If not immediately, it should have been done at least in the nearly two months that it was in your care. Not being interested in your male could have been a sign of a few different things; a couple being that it was a male and another being that it was ill or not in breeding condition. Either way, it should have been checked before being sent out on loan. Your friend was nice to "check" to see if the snake would be receptive to another male, but should have sexed it, and probably quarantined it from his collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin
he was in with one of my males and his hemi penis came out."
I see what you did there. You didn't lie. He was with one of your males, and the hemipenis did come out. What you omitted though was everything that happened between those. Your sentence makes it sound like you put him with a male and out popped the baby maker. I am sure that is how it was read by Josh too.

I don't know why Josh hasn't contacted you since saying he would see what they could do. He may have decided that there was nothing that he could do for you, but should have told you that.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
endrin
I was just informed i will be getting a call from Josh and or Ian tomorrow, with any luck this needless situation will be resolved. I never had a problem with miss sexed adults ever so i never checked. I will from now on tho. Mistakes happen i understand that but communication and doing the right thing is what keeps things like this from happening. This is the LAST thing i want to do or have to deal with. I hate drama...

Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
I was just informed i will be getting a call from Josh and or Ian tomorrow, with any luck this needless situation will be resolved. I never had a problem with miss sexed adults ever so i never checked. I will from now on tho. Mistakes happen i understand that but communication and doing the right thing is what keeps things like this from happening. This is the LAST thing i want to do or have to deal with. I hate drama...
Good luck! I hope Josh makes this right and this turns into a good reflection on him, the time lapse of him not contacting you back kind of sucks and I wish he had responded to this thread as well. But hopefully everything will turn out for the best.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #36
Morph2187
In my opinion the lack of communication from Josh warrants a thread all on its own. If he had an issue with it being in 2 different collections or didnt believe that it was the same snake he had sold, then he should have said so. Ending communication and blowing someone off is unprofessional. Ive purchased from josh in the past and had a good transaction experience but nothing ever went wrong. How you handle problems really shows alot about your business practices and I hope he makes it right and keeps a good name.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #37
snowgyre
I also recently purchased two snakes from Josh. While the snakes were packaged professionally and arrived healthy, Josh did not inform me which day he was going to ship out the snakes. I had an emergency dentist appointment and FedEx arrived while I was out. Unfortunately, Josh required a signature for the package. I can understand doing that from a liability point of view, but I have a shaded front stoop and the weather was cool enough that the snakes would have been fine at the front door. Instead, I had to call FedEx and essentially beg the staff to contact the driver to come back to the house, otherwise I would have to wait until 6PM to pick the snakes up at the main office after them being in the back of a hot truck all day. As it was, the driver did not arrive until 4:30. This could have easily been avoided with an email with nothing more than a FedEx tracking number. While I was happy with the snakes, I was quite unhappy with the poor communication, lack of a tracking number, and the stress of worrying about losing a pair of animals to heat stroke.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
snowgyre
As an addendum, I was very surprised at the lack of communication from someone (Josh) who otherwise has a decent reputation. I did not post my experience to the BOI because I was willing to give Josh the benefit of a doubt. Hey, we all slip sometimes and there was no harm because the snakes were properly packaged, but I personally was very worried at the time. I would have stayed silent had this thread about communication difficulties with another buyer not been created.

I wonder if Josh is having personal issues that is distracting him enough to cause forgetfulness or the inability to respond quickly to buyers? Contacting him via email (my preferred method) was very slow. I am willing to give Josh the benefit of a doubt and would buy from him again, but he's on my yellow alert list for now because of the poor communication with me. In my little reptile world, it's only two strikes and you're out.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #39
Amelanistic Orca
Josh played straight with me in a couple transactions.. I'm confident he will take care of this/you.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #40
Tenor Goddess
Josh has always answered any questions I had. I hope this can get resolved quickly, and easily for everyone.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!