Keith North Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #1
Duffield
Keith North Texas

Greetings from Fort Worth, Texas. I have been keeping Panthers for the last two months with success. I don't know a lot but I'm soaking up information wherever and whenever. I have a 6 month old Ambilobe male panther (Grumpy) and a 4 month old Ambilobe female (no name) that I just purchased from Patrick here in the DFW area.

My goal is to embrace my new hobby and learn as much as I can. I would like to at some point breed the two that I have. I ran into a few problems but have overcome them so far. I would like to one day own a Parsons, however my skill level isn't where it should be. I don't want to risk anything for the time being.

I am currently a Federal Correctional Officer in Fort Worth. I have three kids and a crazy Cuban baby mama that ran off. But Grumpy is trying to fill in the gap. It is a pleasure to be on your forum and I look forward to learning something from everyone.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
First of all, welcome to the forum. Your Furcifer pardalis looks amazing, congrats. I love Chameleons but other then two species, never kept them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffield View Post
Greetings from Fort Worth, Texas.
I would like to provide a warm welcome from downstate N.Y.

Quote:
I have been keeping Panthers for the last two months with success.
That is great!

Quote:
I don't know a lot but I'm soaking up information wherever and whenever.
I am always soaking up information. I don't feel you can ever know enough.

Quote:
I have a 6 month old Ambilobe male panther (Grumpy) and a 4 month old Ambilobe female (no name) that I just purchased from Patrick here in the DFW area.
Your male, looks amazing. I also love the name. If you want and when you have time, I would love to see photo's of the other two.

Quote:
My goal is to embrace my new hobby and learn as much as I can.
I am not new to the hobby, but, I always want to learn. So, I think it is commendable to always want to learn.

Quote:
I would like to at some point breed the two that I have.
This site, has plenty of people that can help you with that, when the time comes. Me, not so much!

Quote:
I ran into a few problems but have overcome them so far.
That is great!

Quote:
I would like to one day own a Parsons, however my skill level isn't where it should be. I don't want to risk anything for the time being.
That is one of my favorite species too. However, it is HIGHLY unlikely, I will ever own one. I also like Trioceros melleri a great deal. How about you?

Quote:
I am currently a Federal Correctional Officer in Fort Worth.
Well, I definitely don't want to make you angry, ! On a serious note, I respect you and the hard job you do.

Quote:
I have three kids and a crazy Cuban baby mama that ran off.
Wow, just wow, regarding your ex...that is crazy. However, your children are very very lucky to have such a good dad!!

Quote:
But Grumpy is trying to fill in the gap.
Awe, that is very very kind of him.

Quote:
It is a pleasure to be on your forum and I look forward to learning something from everyone.
I don't know what I can teach you, but, it is a pleasure getting to know you and your Chameleons.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
Duffield
Thank you all for the kind welcome I currently only have the two because of the room I have. I will be getting a bigger place in a few months.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Duffield
I don't think I can add new pictures

Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Thank you all for the kind welcome
You are very welcome.

Quote:
I currently only have the two because of the room I have.
Ahh I see.

Quote:
I will be getting a bigger place in a few months.
That is fantastic, what else do you want to add, when you have more space?

Quote:
I don't think I can add new pictures
Ahh I am sorry. I am pretty sure you can. Hopefully, someone who is more knowledgeable then me, can help you, with that particular matter.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #6
Duffield
Additions

I would always be interested to have a couple Veiled babies to raise. But at that point I will just about need a whole room dedicated to my hobby. I like the bigger chameleons so you don't have to replace a friend every 4-5 years.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
I would always be interested to have a couple Veiled babies to raise.
Well, that is one species I can actually help you with. So, can many others.

Quote:
But at that point I will just about need a whole room dedicated to my hobby.
I am quite sure, most of us agree with you on that one.

Quote:
I like the bigger chameleons so you don't have to replace a friend every 4-5 years.
I completely agree with you on that one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!