Bad Guy Michael Gentry (Scam artist) - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #101
leftycrane
This is one of the saddest and most confusing threads I have ever read. Mike, I am sorry you lost your snakes to a scammer. I feel you had good intentions of posting this, and might not have thought that it would affect others by posting a retraction of it, or that it would blow up this much. Its a hard lesson to learn and Im sorry that it came about this way. Take away from it a couple of things, like shipping legally if you ever do again, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, and dont lie to cover your own butt or to try to "solve" things.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #102
andy_s273
Well now I'm even more skeptical because this guy texted me looking to trade for my pastel champagnes. But said his name was Arnold and not michael gentry.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #103
Robert Walker
Fernando, how did you figure out that your "Arnold" is connected to the mysterious Mike Gentry?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #104
andy_s273
I searched the phone number he is texting me through on the fauna forum search trying to find a boi

Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 AM   #105
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_s273 View Post
I searched the phone number he is texting me through on the fauna forum search trying to find a boi
Can you post the texts and the contact number?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #106
jj-mitchell
Same guy texted me wanting to trade for a female stinger bee. Comversation started he introduced himself as Michael Ledbetter. After several conversations I agreed to a deal( couldn't find anything bad about a Michael Ledbetter) , and ask him for his shipping info then he sent me am address but now his name was Michael Gentry. Exact same address listed in this thread. He won't talk to me after asking him to explain this thread, or atleast whybhis name changed

Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 AM   #107
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
If it is and his scamming by that or another identity runs the risk of being compromised, he might not want to have to reinvent a new scamming conduit (the alternate/false identity being the conduit) that has demonstrably delivered on his goal.
Looks like reinventing is his only alternative here. Whoever he is.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #108
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_s273 View Post
Well now I'm even more skeptical because this guy texted me looking to trade for my pastel champagnes. But said his name was Arnold and not michael gentry.
Interesting. He used Arnold with you while using the phone number posted by the OP.

Searching the address posted earlier
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #109
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Interesting. He used Arnold with you while using the phone number posted by the OP.

Searching the address posted earlier
Same address as in post #12

Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #110
Robert Walker
Here is what I can find on the actual 2014 tax records for the owner of that address:

Property Owner and Mailing Address
Jan 1 Owner:
ROBINETTE SANDRA K
2235 FIFTH ST
BRISTOL , TN 37620

Got to get off to work, but perhaps someone can run with this until I get off work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!