Why we can't go camping anymore... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Why we can't go camping anymore...

At least not without coming home every day to check the incubator! We left last Friday, came home on Tuesday (I had to have a minor surgery, all went well), and found little heads popping out of eggs! Zeke's second clutch officially hatched on our camping trip this week, all out by Thursday. Again, we have gorgeous orange pastel babies, and one is INSANELY bright orange! If you guys remember, this happened to us over the weekend of the 4th of July (babies hatching out when not expected). So, we either need to make a portable incubator, or just not go away too far so we can constantly come home and check LOL. These guys hatched out starting on day 55, and the last of the 8 popped out on day 58.
We ALSO have little heads popping today from our Storm/Zion pairing. Right now I have 3, and we have 16 eggs total. At least these guys waited a few days for us to come home before they decide to pop. So far it looks like little normal dragons, but I am only seeing heads, so I don't know yet.
Here come the babies!! AGAIN!

Kelly

Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Junkyard
This thread is worthless without pics, lets see those babies!! Congrats!!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
GottaLuvHerps
You asked for them!

And here they are! This was this morning, right before breakfast. You can see some of the oranges that I am talking about. This clutch does not seem as pastel colored as the last, but more intense orange. They are gorgeous though, aren't they?

Kelly Kordek

Old 08-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Beardiepal
Beautiful beautiful babies Kelly & Matt, Take care Beth

Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
citruslover
Cool babies, gotta love the color right out of the egg

Old 08-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
midnight_962002
That just happened to me!!! Except I wasn't going camping. I was going 3000 miles away. No fear it was only for a couple of days and I have help at home. I just had to wait 3 days to see them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!