Good Areas in SoCal to find HERPS? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
Animal King
Good Areas in SoCal to find HERPS?

Is there anybody that knows were there are good areas inin SoCal to find herps? Please let me know. Having trouble finding those critters.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
RossCA
There's herpes in Long Beach. How are you looking for them right now?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
Animal King
usually in the late afternoon when the weather cools down.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
RossCA
There's probably very little to be found in your area this time of year. I usually look under boards for kings in that area but its only productive if it has rained recently or during the spring. This is even a bad time to road cruise for snakes, but they can be found just not in good numbers. My best advise would be to hit the low desert out by Palm Springs after mid night to about 4AM, but you have to be hard core to do that. lol Its a long drive back but I've had good nights this time of year out there around 2AM. The high desert or the mountains will also yield a snake or two this time of year. Just remember that Aug is the worst time of year for us in So Cal.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
Animal King
Alright thanks so much for your help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!