Blood gene question - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
As someone who has bred blood boas, bloody hypos, plasmas, and pewters, I seriously question whether that male is a blood. He does have a sort of color wash on him and older bloods can wash out pretty badly and don't turn colorful. My biggest question is the eyes. Every blood boa that I have seen has almost unicolor dark eyes. I did an image search for blood boas just to get an idea of what you're talking about there and to see if my preconceived notion needed to be challenged and I saw a lot of animals that were not blood but did have a lot of color. Personally, if I were to make a statement, I would say that while he's interesting looking, he's not a blood.
Well considering I'm pretty sure the "he" is a "she", I did confirm the "she" is a "he", and there's no way they could be a het plasma pair, who knows. The best I can hope for is that they are hets for blood and type II anery. Worst case I overpaid by about a hundred for a pair of what appear to be some sort of central American mutt. I do quite like the looks of the darker one, though. If nothing else, I think if its coloration turns out to be generic, it could be bred into some amazing albinos and sunglows. Seems I'm have to wait and see. They are supposedly early 16's, so I'll have at least another 18 months before I try and breed them.

Since the darker one shed I'm seeing some very interesting patchy and washed out copper and red colors that don't pick up on camera. So regardless of anything else, it is a gorgeous specimen outside of the nose rub.

Given the mites and the misrepresentation I'm tempted to bring this to the boi, but I'm not without some fault since I didn't do as much due diligence as I should have and let the excitement get to me. I do know I'll never recommend the breeder to anyone else, whether or not I bring them up on here. I would feel pretty bad dragging their name through the mud if I ended up with pewters from this pair given the price, though...

Old 10-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #22
JCCS
I think it would be a fair BOI. If you go in admitting that you have some responsibility and simply make it more informational about the seller, I doubt you'd get treated too harshly, lol.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #23
elena
Even if you get pewters, and even if the price you paid was reasonable for a het pewter pair, you were told they were het plasma, and they're not, therefor they were misrepresented, therefor a BOI thread is warranted. The seller was either ignorant of the morphs he was selling (bad) or intentionally misrepresented them (worse).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!