Steve Clark of Turtsandtorts@aol.com-RIP OFF! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Scott Crone
Steve Clark of Turtsandtorts@aol.com-RIP OFF!

Steve Clark offered two pastel eastern Box turtles for sale on KS at least 3 months ago, I contacted him, paid him $700 with paypal, and NEVER received a thing, he ignored emails and calls for weeks. I saw him post up a bunch of stuff for sale, and had a friend of mine email him to fake a buy for some Mata Matas, and to get his home address by saying they wanted to send a Money order only. My friend got his address and then told him the deal, and that we had set him up, and had to pay me back. He came up with some lame excuse, and come to find out, he never had the turtles, they were somebody else's. We made a complaint to paypal, and kingsnake, and I have emailed him many times. With no replys. He finally emailed me a couple of weeks ago to say that he had complaint against him from paypal, and that I would not get a dime from him if I did not lift my complaint with them. I told him I would not lift my complaint until I saw proof of being paid back the money he owes me; that he spent and thinks is just OK, and now acts like I am the bad guy for wanting my money back. Sheese I hate people like him, and there is not much you can do accept try and ruin his business name, and make sure nobody else gets ripped off by this jerk. I have AOL, and can always see when Steve Clark is online,Under Turtsandtorts, and Abanjableu. I Instant message him all the time, and he just sign's off or blocks me out. I IM'd him a little bit ago to tell him I was finally posting on BOI about him. I would have done it sooner. I had a whole thing written out about are dealings, and I accidently erased it just before I was going to post it. I had some time tonight to type. so here is my post, and you can tell what I think about Steve Clark.

Old 02-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
ARKON
Did You Use A Credit Card???????????

I am assuming you used a credit card with paypal, if that is the case, simply call your credit card company or bank and document and dispute the charges and he will have to prove that he sent you the animals which he will not be able to do, they will give you your lute back and then aggressively pursue him!!!!!!!!!! I was in your situation before and believe me it is really that easy, it just takes a little time. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 05:11 AM   #3
dvf1973
file fraud charges, asap

Internet fraud, wire fraud, go to the ifcc website and file, contact his da, file fraud, send him a usps certified mailed letter to the adress stating that you want the funds refunded, this gives it legitamacy. If it were my 700 bucks id be on him like flies on caca. Contact the bbb, neither of you have to be members, but they will file the info and post it forever or until the deal is made right. Contact the fbi in his area and file fraud charges. Contact his local sherrifs department and file charges-they will visit him. Contact your local police and file charges, then have them forward the info to the local police in his area. Note these are very succesful ways to get your money back, I have used them on more than one occasion and have been 100 percent succesful in getting my refund, if you dont you will be abading him as your letting him get away with it.

Old 02-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
VinnyButch
Angry I guess I'm just not as civilized.....

I guess I'm just not as civilized as most of the posters on the internet, but if I sent someone a good amount of money, and that person pretty much just laughed at my trust and spent my money, I don't think I'd be quite as calm as the rest of you seem to be.
Once a BS seller told me that he was unable to deliver the animal he advertised, and also wouldn't be able to refund my money, "ooops sorry sbout that, you're screwed", it would certainly be worth my while to go on Orbitz.com, get the cheapest airfare I could find (you can travel anywhere in America for about $200 nowadays) and knock on that guy's door with a baseball bat.
You'd be surprised at how much more accomodating a cheat will be when you ask for your refund face to face, instead of him being able to hide behind some screen name on the internet.
I must admit to being very jealous of the calmness and self-control you all have. If someone knowingly, and willfully screwed me, I'd be berserk.

VinnyButch
Vin Buccigrossi

Old 02-16-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
ARKON
I hear ya vinny!!!!!!!

The rest of us seem so calm because we have been through this sort of thing before and have had our money returned/refunded without the need of violence!!!!! Sure we were furious and fantasized about taking your route, but as they say cool heads prevail and in my case that theory proved to be correct and the right route to take!!!!!
I am in no way telling you how to handle your biz, just that there are several other avenues one can take that will also leave a lasting impression on the wrong doer and their future actions while getting your money back in the process. In the above post by Damien there are alot of ideas he has listed that can get you your money back and like I said leave a lasting impression on the wrong doer!!!!!!!
I have learned alot hear at The BOI and also met some great folks who helped me to get my money back and are now considered to be good trusting friends!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Scott,

Sorry to hear what happened. Do you care to post his contact info here? He might try to do it again under a different name. Names are easy to change, addresses not.

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2004, 06:37 PM   #7
VinnyButch
Wink Don't misunderstand me, please....

I don't want people afraid to deal with me, I'm really not a nut! I just know that way too many bad guys feel they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet to scam people out of hard earned money.
Almost all of them will make amends when they are no longer hiding.
A face to face 'request' for a refund (no violence planned, or required) usually results in the desired result.
My experience says that most of them think our demands for refinds are actually pretty funny, until you tap them on the shoulder and they can't just hit the 'delete' button anymore.
Please excuse my earlier emotional outburst, but in this business the good guys outweigh the bad guys by a huge margin, but the few bad ones are going to ruin it for us all.

VinnyButch
Vin Buccigrossi

Old 02-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #8
Scott Crone
I will post his address tomorrow, Has anybody seen him advertising anywhere? Beleive me Vinny, If I could I would, but I can't, so I won't. I am going to go through the process I started a couple of months ago to get him canned for fraud.

I hope it was worth it, thats all I can say.

I would love to see the scoundrel post his thoughts on here, but I doubt that would happen, he will just tuck his tail between his legs and keep pressing delete like a complete wuss.

Old 02-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
WebSlave
The only experience I have with this individual is as follows:

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: <webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:52 PM
Subject: Boi

I would like all information on the board of inquiry regarding myself to be deleated in the following 72 hours of I will pursue legal action

Thanks,
Steve Clark
TurtsAndTorts
TurtsAndTorts@aol.com
TurtsAndTorts@tmail.com

Old 02-17-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
DThomas
What legal action would that be Steve? Highering an attorney with stolen money? I suggest you go read up on your Supreme Court rulings and advise your attorney to do so also.

Why do all the scammers threaten legal action?..lol Do they really think people are scared of hollow threats? Be a man and post your side Steve.

Where is Scott's money?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!