Bad Guy Blaze Garrett snake paid for not in the shipment with others..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
SKYMOUNTAIN
Thumbs down Blaze Garrett snake paid for not in the shipment with others.....

We purchased ball pythons from Blaze Garrett of Florida. After paying him 1225.00 via Papal we got our shipment yesterday and when the package was opened while the UPS driver was still at our home we found the albino breeder male was not with the other five snakes. The two female HET albino females were under weight as described, even the one that was described as under weight was found to be more so.

We called Blaze right away and he stated he would go home to see if he had "forgotten" to pack the breeder male.

This has been a horrible sale for us and we are now dead in the water for this years breeding as we do not have our male we paid $525.00 for. This snake was much anticipated and we are heart sickened to have been treated as the seller stated "suspect and untruthful"

We never once thought we would have to video take opening the package and in our excitement to see our first albino frankly didn't even cross our minds.

Papal, our Bank and UPS have all been called into involvement as of today.

We are saddened that our first large purchase has become a nightmare to even get the seller to replace, send or refund. Our entire family talked about and decided on this large purchase and will continue to be in total dismay over the treatment of the seller.

Anna M.Croffoot
Attached Images

SKYMOUNTAIN is online now Add to SKYMOUNTAIN's Karma Report Post User's Classifieds User's Gallery
SKYMOUNTAIN
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SKYMOUNTAIN
Send email to SKYMOUNTAIN
Find More Posts by SKYMOUNTAIN
Add SKYMOUNTAIN to Your Contacts
Old 08-19-2009, 06:42 PM #2
SKYMOUNTAIN

Name : ANNA CROFFOOT
Karma Power: 0
SKYMOUNTAIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Trader Rating: (0)

As a further note, we did find a close to duplicate add on this site for three of the snakes we purchased. As you will see the are stated "SOLD" on 08-08-09. We did not have a deal with Blaze for these snakes until the 10th 0r 11th. of August. The add we responded to was in Kingsnake.com as has expired so I am unable to attach it. The BEAUTIFUL albino pictured is the boy we did not receive....http://www.venomousreptiles.org/clas...s/detail/28974

Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
SKYMOUNTAIN
add on this site for the snakes we paid for again showing the male we did not receive.

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/clas...s/detail/29115

Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
jayefbe
My girlfriend bought an albino from Blaze for my birthday last fall (probably an offspring of this missing albino breeder male). He was guaranteed to be "100% healthy". Well, he arrived on October 23, and was hatched on August 24. He arrived a beautiful but EXTREMELY skinny ball python. At two months of age he was just 45 grams. Within a couple weeks he had dropped to 37 grams. At this point, we made the decision to assist feed the snake. After a couple months, he began feeding on his own and is now at a healthy 500 grams.

My girlfriend, Zoe, called Blaze a few times during this ordeal. He was always very apologetic, and seemed surprised that the snake was so under weight. Sometime during the transaction he also mentioned that the albino breeders were his grandmother's (he's a venomous guy). I don't understand how he could think that a two month old ball python weighing less than most hatchlings was suitable for shipping. He also claimed that the snake had eaten with no problems prior to shipping, but I find this very very hard to believe. I feel that the snakes troubling beginnings are solely due to inadequate care from the breeder. From his ad, it appears as though he is still having problems caring adequately for his snakes. Proven females that are 700 grams just after laying, and 1100 grams with a year off are pathetic.

I never posted this before as I thought that Blaze's apologies were sincere, and perhaps he was just unclear about ball python care. This post and his ads clearly show that he leaves much to be desired as a reptile breeder. Regardless of whether or not the missing albino was a "mistake", I would stay very far away from his snakes unless you want some severely underweight animals.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
SKYMOUNTAIN
Thank you sooooo very much, we feel so out there and alone on this. I know I keep saying it over again but I am so hurt about the albino, he was to be our first and I will tell this Blaze has never apologized to us, has just been very unfriendly and accusatory that we are liars.

Anna

Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
DAND
Has Blaze been made aware of this thread?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
DAND
Oh yeah Anna, please post any e-mails you have between Blaze and yourself concerning this matter.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
kmurphy
You don't give any time line. When did this happen? When did the shipment arrive? When did you contact Blaze? When did you contact paypal, Bank etc.?

Personally I can't imagine how someone could forget putting the albino in the package but if he said he would check into it then you've got to give him time to do so.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
SKYMOUNTAIN
Sorry about time line, we made the deal on, 08/10/09- 08/11/09. Snakes minus albino arrived two days ago on 08/18/09. We called Blaze with in minutes of arrival. He stated he would go home to see if he had left the snake on the floor by accident. Within 5 minutes of that call on 08/18/09 he called and said snake was not there. His demeanor changed and he said the following via phone and email...The following is the Paypal communication string thus far. I will go ahead and copy the personal emails should you like to read them, they are much the same. In the Paypal above, the other four snakes are not discussed because we are only asking he return the stated amount for the albino, not the other snakes that were misrepresented. We honestly thought when the other was not in the box he had simply forgotten to place him in with the others, and have tried via phone, emails to work this out.
From Buyer - KELLY CROFFOOT

8/18/2009 16:16 PDT

WE PAID FOR (6) BALL PYTHONS, (5) WERE RECEIVED, THE 6TH SNAKE WAS TO BE AN ADULT ALBINO BREEDER MALE( PAID $525.00 US DOLLARS) CLAIMED AT 1300 GRAMS WAS NOT IN THE BOX NOR WAS IT'S PACKAGING WITHIN THE BOX.

WE HAVE CONTACTED THE SELLER AND HE CLAIMS THAT THE MISSING SNAKE WAS SHIPPED AFTER HE STATED HE WOULD GO HOME AND CHECK IF HE HAD FORGOTTEN IT.

SINCE THEY WERE LIVE SNAKES SENT EXPRESS OVERNIGHT TO US WE OPTED TO ACCEPT WHAT WE RECEIVED. WE SIGNED FOR SHIPMENT BUT THE UPS DRIVER NOTED IN HIS LOG THAT SHIPMENT WAS INCOMPLETE AS HE WAS STILL AT OUR LOCATION WHILE WE OPENED THE SHIPMENT.

WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THAT THE SNAKE WAS ORIGINALLY SHIPPED ONLY THAT IT WAS NOT IN THE SHIPMENT. IT IS ALSO MY OPINION THAT THE BOX SHOWED NO SIGNS OF BEING TAMPERED WITH.

I HAVE BEEN A STANDING PAYPAL CUSTOMER WITH 100% FEEDBACK AS A SELLER AND A BUYER. I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE INCIDENT AS THIS. I AM ASKING PAYPAL TO HELP IN THIS MATTER AND FULL RESOLUTION.

THIS WAS SHIPPED VIA PAYPAL SHIPPING/UPS

blaze garrett denied KELLY CROFFOOT's request for a $525.00 USD refund.

8/18/2009 17:15 PDT

From Seller - blaze garrett

I personally find this situation rather suspect giving the circumstances. This is a losing situation on my end and unfortunately I am not is a position to be giving any money away (or an albino for that matter). You can proceed how ever you want.

8/18/2009 17:19 PDT

I had them require a signature for 2 reasons. 1. In case you were not there they wouldn't leave it out in the sun and 2. if there were any problems you could simply deny the package and it would be shipped back.

8/18/2009 18:14 PDT

Blaze,

Why would we return five of the items we purchased when you did not include the sixth when you already have all of our money? Surely you don't mean to say here you would want them shipped back after being in a box for 24 hours already! This is a LARGE amount of money, would you have returned what you paid for minus one on the hopes of getting back your money? when the most expensive one wasn't even in the package?

We told the UPS driver before he left the premises that the "albino" was not in the box. To reship you fully know you can not just hand an open package back to the driver and say take it away...I don't want it. The driver noted this. We placed a call to you right after the driver noted the problem. We have proceeded in good faith and frankly your financial situation has no bearing on our not receiving what we paid for. You have a responsibility as a seller, please take into consideration the fact that we have a LARGE loss of $525.00 as you clearly know.

Please refund the amount for the albino in the amount of $525.00

8/19/2009 03:14 PDT

Well if you never except delivery then you would be entitled to a full refund. And that's exactly what you do hand him back the package and say they are not all here, return to sender.

My financial situation has absolutely nothing to to with you not getting your money back. I would be an idiot to actually believe that from me to you the snake just disappeared. I am not going to eat this. I sold you 6 snakes and that's what you got. I just don't understand why your doing this. See I too have always had a good reputation and am in good standings with the reptile world, Ebay, and PayPal why all of a sudden am I going to start ruining that???

8/19/2009 03:32 PDT

Also you emailed me and asked about my shipping methods (UPS). First you never asked that they be insured. The only shipping company that will insure them is FedEx. They require you to have a business account requiring a tax ID number. And even then they will insure it if the COMPLETE box is missing, not 1 item out of a group. You have supposedly been in this trade for how long and you do not know this?

Realistically think about it... How am I supposed to take this. Should I be able to order something with multiple items, get the package, then say "hmmm I would like to get refunded for something I signed for after examining the contents". This just isn't right and you know it. If this were allowed no one would be able to do business because of all the scams.

8/19/2009 08:36 PDT

I our communications you expressed you may have forgotten to include the Albino Ball Python that was not received. You went home and did not find it there so then you sent an email claiming it was shipped. It was not in the shipment. During our earlier communications you sent me a money request that did not include one of the snakes we agreed to purchase. I informed you and you said you forgot and resent the request which I paid from. I reasonably assumed that you forgot to include the snake. I had no reason to not accept shipment of what was received but did take issue with UPS while he was still here. This is noted. You said you would contact UPS per our email correspondence to see what could be done. It seems you found out because of contents as you state they will not insure live animals...but you go on to say I didn't request insurance? I am rightfully asking you refund $525 for the Albino Male Ball Python that was not received in the shipment. I have been reasonable and have done my due diligence by notifying you, having UPS note shipment incomplete, and communicating with you. It appears that you are concerned with your reputation but will not do what is right in this case. Kelly

8/19/2009 08:42 PDT

I our communications you expressed you may have forgotten to include the Albino Ball Python that was not received. You went home and did not find it there so then you sent an email claiming it was shipped. It was not in the shipment. During our earlier communications you sent me a money request that did not include one of the snakes we agreed to purchase. I informed you and you said you forgot and resent the request which I paid from. I reasonably assumed that you forgot to include the snake. I had no reason to not accept shipment of what was received but did take issue with UPS while he was still here. This is noted. You said you would contact UPS per our email correspondence to see what could be done. It seems you found out because of contents as you state they will not insure live animals...but you go on to say I didn't request insurance? I am rightfully asking you refund $525 for the Albino Male Ball Python that was not received in the shipment. I have been reasonable and have done my due diligence by notifying you, having UPS note shipment incomplete, and communicating with you. It appears that you are concerned with your reputation but will not do what is right in this case. Kelly

8/19/2009 13:37 PDT

OK when you called claiming the snake was not there I assured you I was 100% sure I remembered packing him. I said that I would go check to see that if by some COMPLETE stupidity on my part I left him on the floor. Did I or did I not say that??? I was freaking out. I thought you were playing a joke on me. And as for the small het I told you I would through her in for no extra charge as I would not need her because you were already getting my only albino (true or false). You are the one that asked for her to be put on the list of pythons. I gave her a $50 price (which is a stupid price for an 08 het) just because I didn't think at the moment that I should put FREE.

It is well known that UPS will not insure live animal. I have been shipping through them for years and I know that you have received shipments via UPS because you told me that they left a shipment outside in front of someones door. Have you ever had any reptile insured through them??? NO. That is why most people in in the reptile industry guarantee live arrival. They take that out of their own pockets because they can't get it insured. If they didn't, they would simply state that insurance is available through UPS.

And as for doing what's right.... for who??? Am I supposed to just stand by and be taken advantage of??? Back to my original scenario... Should I be able to order something with multiple items, get the package, and "claim" that there is something missing and get my money back. Meanwhile Joe Shmo is over there getting the shaft because somebody found a way to manipulate the system ABSOLUTELY NOT.

8/19/2009 14:55 PDT

Please explain to me how you AGREED to purchase the little het??? That is really bothering me. In no way shape or form was that snake every given a price until I went back and added it on the invoice. If I remember correctly (which I know I do) I had the albino and 2 adult hets listed for $900 shipped or best offer. You came to me with $675 and I declined. The next day you came back with "What about $775", I said to call me so we could discuss this. The next day you did. We discussed the snakes and I said something to the effect of, I also have a little female het left over from last years clutch, if you want her you can "have" her because I would no longer need her if you were to buy the albino. I then informed you that it was the daughter of the albino and the bigger het female and you said something like sure I'll take her. So in what way did you "purchase" her??? I know this has nothing to do with the dispute but please answer this? I mean, it sounds like your trying to say that I forget allot of things. You know... with me going back and just making absolutely sure that I didn't somehow leave him outside of the box and not putting the little het on an invoice.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
SKYMOUNTAIN
Also, we never have had ANY snakes delivered by UPS before. I had a delivery of two baby corn snakes from BHB and the "FedEx" driver left them on another person's patio and we didn't know it until two hours after they had been delivered. This shipment for Blaze, of Ball pythons was our second time buying snakes over the net. Just to clear Blaze's statement up for reader of this thread.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
SKYMOUNTAIN
Blaze,

Please get with UPS and you can get back to me if you wish. I want to let you know In the meantime I have talked to PayPal regarding the missing merchandise ($525) and they suggested filing a dispute for the cost of missing merchandise to be refunded. So I have as you know as you have declined request for refund for not received merchandise. I did say we were trying to resolve ourselves and in the event we do it will be a non-issue but feel I have to do due diligence. I wish your cooperation in resolving this matter.

Let me start by saying I entered into this transaction in good faith for the purchase of 6 Ball Pythons below: (taken from PayPal)

PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay
Use your credit card without exposing your card number to merchants.
Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your card number or address.
Easily send money to family and friends.

Pay Me With PayPal

Hello KELLY CROFFOOT,

blaze garrett would like to be paid using PayPal.

Money Request Details

Amount: $1,225.00 USD

Note: 1.0 adult albino ball python-$525
0.1 07 100% het albino-$50
0.2 adult 100% het albino ball pythons-$100ea
0.1 07 pastel ball python-$200
0.1 07 spider ball python-$250
Live arrival guaranteed. In the event of a death during transit a refund for the snake that died will be given.

No shipping charge

You guaranteed live arrival of these animals. I did not get one of them alive or dead...was not there. I am not making any accusations at you, just stating facts.

I understand that you are having financial issues as you have stated for reasoning why you don't want to refund the $525.00. You have also expressed concerns you may not get refunded from UPS because they may not support your claim due to contents...you noted on the box ("harmless reptiles") so you are stating you can't give a refund on that basis-that you know they will not refund you. Why would you then this shipping method? You have been in the business for a long time...

Furthermore you stated to quote you," I had them require a signature for 2 reasons. 1. In case you were not there they wouldn't leave it out in the sun and 2. if there were any problems you could simply deny the package and it would be shipped back." This statement asserted by you today was placed under an email you copied and pasted into your reply in PayPal...as seen on PayPal today. You did not state anything like that to me during the transaction and on the PayPal request from which I paid from as shown above so I am uncertain what you mean....

Below is taken from said PayPal resolution reply you posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally find this situation rather suspect giving the circumstances. This is a losing situation on my end and unfortunately I am not is a position to be giving any money away (or an albino for that matter). You can proceed how ever you want.

8/18/2009 17:19 PDT

I had them require a signature for 2 reasons. 1. In case you were not there they wouldn't leave it out in the sun and 2. if there were any problems you could simply deny the package and it would be shipped back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You attempt to say above in your reasoning I could simply deny the package...it is not simple. First, I thought somehow you forgot to include the Albino, although it is hard to believe...I was to give you benefit of doubt...Next, box was now opened and no longer packed up. No reason to refuse the shipment...notified you A.S.A.P. Like I said I trusted you and thought you must have forgotten...Driver was informed while still here that shipment was incomplete and noted it to his log. You had all of my $1225 that I sent you through PayPal already. I did the right thing here. Besides the snakes may not have been returned back to you in the same manner and may have perished on the return...why would you suggest refusing shipment.

The other issues I had with our dealings: The other snakes are under represented weights in the ads and our communications. I will feed them and they will be fine I suspect. Their form looks triangular in my opinion. You forgot to add in the HET female on the first invoice you sent and I had to correct you there. You said you forgot and resent. You corrected that. I am not going to dispute this now as to weights issue and will keep the specimens I received.... but indeed I did not receive the one of them, the Albino Male that we paid for ($525). Imagine my dismay to find out the Albino was not in the box.

I do not know what happened to the snake, whether it was shipped or not, lost in transit, etc. I have no way of knowing except that it was not in the box with the others nor was what you claimed to have put it in-a pillow case. I assumed you forgot to include it so I accepted what we paid for that came and placed a call to you A.S.A.P.

The UPS driver noted before he left the shipment was incomplete. It is documented. I talked to UPS and they suggested you needed to contact them to ask for Proof of Delivery which would note the incomplete shipment, and to file a damage claim which takes care of merchandise not received, removed during shipment, etc. I could not start this claim on your behalf. I informed you what they said and you said you would do so in an email. You also asked me if I told them if they were snakes.

After speaking with colleagues in the reptile business who share my position, I have developed my thoughts and what should be rightfully done in this matter.
What you should do is pursue your claim with UPS, and see what becomes of that for you. If you insured for value as I would think you should have done, it is my understanding you will be reimbursed. I did not receive the merchandise as noted by UPS as incomplete, which should support your claim. I would like to be refunded for the Albino Male for $525.00 or you may replace it if you would like with similar specimen if necessary. I would prefer the refund at this time. I do not have any other suggestions for you or know how else to satisfactorily resolve this in good faith.

Please contact me at your earliest moment.

Kelly Croffoot

----- Original Message -----
To: Kelly Croffoot
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: Re:

I will contact UPS and see what we can do. Did you tell them they were snakes?

--- On Tue, 8/18/09, Kelly Croffoot wrote:

To: "Blaze Garrett"
Cc: "Anna Croffoot" <kelslady@comcast..net>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 6:57 PM

Blaze,

OK. The packing tape was on the box seal top and bottom. I am not accusing just stating the facts. I have no way of know what was shipped. So will you be contacting UPS as they asked, filing the Damage Claim (which takes care of these type of issues_missing contents, etc.)? This is what UPS says needs to happen now. It will give proof you have asked for as to missing content and monetary issues resolved through insurance on shipment.

I have never had such a thing happen before...let's work toward a resolution. What are your thoughts on going forward from where we are?

Thanks,

Kelly Croffoot

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:31 PM

I am 100% sure. I even went as far as to go out and buy white packing tape that read FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE.

Cc: "Anna Croffoot" <kelslady@comcast.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 6:03 PM

Blaze,

UPS asks that the shipper start what they termed as a damage report based on the tracking number...1Z4404E32493317823 and to also request the Proof of Delivery which will provide you with missing contents from driver comment. Representative says this will be in the system when driver returns and uploads his data.

Are you sure you put in the box? It doesn't look tampered with. Please get back to me on this.

Kelly Croffoot
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:49 PM

Just as I thought. I have checked and he was shipped out with the rest of them. I'm not sure what's going on here and what you're trying to pull but this is ridiculous. Now, you told me that the driver for UPS witnessed you opening the package and take each individual snake out and made a note stating that there were only 5 snakes and no albino. Please get me proof of this (a written statement from the driver would be sufficient). We can take it from there.

I would prefer to be contacted over email so I can document everything that is being stated with this situation.

Blaze Garrett

Cc, "Anna Croffoot" <kelslady@comcast.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 4:09 PM

Blaze,

I have sent over an email upon opening the shipment...as I stated the Albino male was not included. I have left you a message on your phone. I need you to contact me A.S.A.P.

There are other issues to discuss...

Regards,

Kelly Croffoot
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:59 PM

I shipped them out today.
Tracking number is 1Z4404E32493317823

Shoot me over an email tomorrow just letting me know they're OK.
A signature is required.

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Mon, 8/17/09, Kelly Croffootwrote:

Date: Monday, August 17, 2009, 7:31 PM

Blaze,

What is status?

Kelly
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:15 PM

The pastel came from Steve Townsend (I don't know if he was the one that produced her).
The spider I got from the Daytona show but I can't remember who the seller was

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Kelly Croffoot wrote:

Cc:
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 8:43 PM

OK. Right on...Did you get my note regarding the other HET for Albino not in description of sale? If you want to add it in and resend I will get you paid when Anna gets back. She went out on an overnight hospice deal and will be in here at 8 with our laptop she left at work.

Thanks for the weights on the two snakes. If you have more info on all of them, where you got them from, when, etc. any info for my records would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Kelly
To:
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:30 PM
Subject: Re:

Just letting you know I found my book of info

spider was 857 grams
pastel was 774 grams

This was on June 22 2009.

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, wrote:

Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 10:49 PM

I am just getting out of work now. I can't see pics from my handheld. Let me net with you tomorrow at a reasonable hour to go over the other snakes and details. So don't worry about shipping till Monday...probably best anyhow.. I had a nightmare regarding shipping on a Friday ill tell you about later. Let me know when you get in tomorrow or call me. . Kelly
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:07:56 -0700 (PDT)
To:

Also if you're wanting them shipped out tomorrow I need to know soon so I can prepare for shipping. I also need to know what your willing to pay for the spider and pastel (if your still interested in them).

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Wed, 8/12/09,wrote:

Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 5:50 PM

If we get you paid tonight PayPal can you ship tomorrow so we will receive Friday? Let me know. Runnin now. Talk later
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

Give me a call. I have a male pastel but I don't want to sell my 07 male spider. I do accept PayPal.

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, Kelly Croffootwrote:

Cc: "Anna Croffoot" <kelslady@comcast.net>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 12:28 PM

Interested in 07 Females-spider and pastel...Do you have 07 male spider or ?

Do you have a PayPal acct.?

Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:13 AM

Just go to the pythons link on the left.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t224/Blazgblazga/

Thanks
Blaze Garrett

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, Kelly Croffoot wrote:

Subject:
To:
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 4:06 AM

Blaze,

I am unable to get Photobucket link to work...can you check it out...

Kelly Croffoot

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons