Bad Guy Blaze Garrett snake paid for not in the shipment with others..... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #21
R. Eventide
He said he used "white packing tape that read FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE." Is this the tape that was on the box when you received it? Knowing might go a long ways to proving if someone else took the snake out.

Also, just because the UPS guy wrote saying that the delivery wasn't all included doesn't really prove anything. The driver is going by the recipient only; he doesn't know what was supposed to be in the package.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
SKYMOUNTAIN
Yes that tape was on package and in tact.

thank you for your questions..

Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #23
LauraB
Joshua brought up a good point re: weight of snakes vs. weight of box. Do you happen to have the weights of all 6 snakes as stated by Blaze prior to purchase?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Joshua brought up a good point re: weight of snakes vs. weight of box. Do you happen to have the weights of all 6 snakes as stated by Blaze prior to purchase?
I wouldn't just go by the wieght the seller had said the snakes were since it's already been stated that the snakes were skinnier than expected. Would be a good idea to put the snakes that did arrive on a scale and take pics plus wiegh the box and packaging material that were inside as well.

Also I saw that it was stated the box was 12lbs, was this actual wieght by UPS records or what the seller keyed in when printing shipping label? Doesn't UPS also round up to the next pound? This would give around 450grams to play with if the box was actually just over 11lbs.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
jayefbe
I just checked the UPS tracking page, and the package is listed at 12 pounds. At 1300 grams (assuming he was accurate with the measurement), that's 2.8 pounds and should show a clear enough difference in weights.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #26
spyder79
i may be wrong but im pretty sure that you input (if printing your own shipping labels) your own weight for shipping. So esentially that box could have been labeled and shipped as a 12 lb package but actually have been 9.5 lbs. UPS doesnt much care about the weigh accuracy when it comes lite packages like this. They actually charge it by its diminsional weight.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #27
SKYMOUNTAIN
Thank you for your responses, I do still have the box, pillow cases, Styrofoam and newspaper that I could put the snakes we received back into on a scale. I remember thinking when I took them out, wonder if his wife knows he used her nice pillow cases...(added my thoughts here on a lighter note, as I am sure other wives would think the same about their pillow cases..)LOL.

Anna

Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #28
SKYMOUNTAIN
I think Brian may be right though about the weight accuracy point...

Anna

Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #29
LauraB
Quote:
UPS doesnt much care about the weigh accuracy when it comes lite packages like this. They actually charge it by its diminsional weight.
Ah, okay. I've never shipped nor received reptiles via UPS. FedX is my preferred shipper and always, always picks up and/or delivers before 10AM, so I wasn't sure if UPS actually might weigh the box to correct any discrepancies a sender might have in their stated and actual weight. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #30
BLAZE555
Just out of curiosity, why didn't I get an email from you Kelly telling me that you were posting this?? I had to find out from a couple people from past dealings... It would have been nice to have been informed so I could defend myself.

Let the questions roll on in.

I'll answer a few that I read during the course of just glancing through.

First, jayefbe I do remember dealing with your girlfriend last year. I am sorry that you did have a hard time with the baby albino but as I said then he ate 3 times from the time that he was hatched to the time you received him. They were all very small (I believe about 30 grams out of the egg). One of the females that Kelly bought from me was the mother to your snake but not the thin one. The thin one had a clutch in late June if I remember correctly and she didn't do so well with keeping her weight up during pregnancy. After laying the clutch I would describe her as looking like a deflated balloon. That was my bad on my part... I probably shouldn't have bred her but I wasn't expecting her to have 4 good eggs and a bad one (which none of them made it due to human error).

Second is, yes I did ship the snakes through PayPal shipping via UPS and yes I did weigh them myself. With all of the snakes I believe it came out to around 10.8 pounds so I rounded up and added a pound just in case my scale was a little off. It was just a regular digital human scale and I didn't want to chance getting down there and them saying "this box is over the weight stated on the box so you have to go get another shipping label made up" thus having to delay the shipment another day.

Thanks,
Blaze Garrett

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons