Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #31
KNOBTAIL
OK Todd,

I would like to put this to bed as this is not related to any of the animals you have for sale but your method of conducting business that raised a red flag when you sent me that invoice and those additional charges.. Had I paid you and nothing would have materialized as your other shipments had been cancelled, I would be out almost $ 200.00 and frankly it may be self serving for you to say you would have refunded me the money, but !

You did not even have the Anoles when you requested the money.. I just dont consider that good business, and I doubt anyone else does so either..

You are absolutely correct, shipments get canceled, delayed and animals can come in DOA.. Would it not have been simpelar to just give me a call when the shipment arrived, or send me an email that the Anoles looked great, and are you still interested in the 5.5 That would have been right way to handle the transaction.. Was that asking so much ! I would never sell anything unless I knew it was in my posession. Holding yes, deposit yes, but until I have the animals in question, my reputation is at stake to insure that I have what you paid for.. In this case we both know that you could have taken a different choice.. I would have preferred to have met you, and seen the Anoles. I also was interested in the 1.2 extremeus.

You know I continuously tried to keep in touch with you, so I was a serious buyer. The bottom line is you lost the sale because you may have made a mistake by sending me a prepayment invoice which should never be done unless you have the animals to back the invoice . Secondly, there is nothing wrong in questioning those additional charges.. Its just bad business practice that anyone who is in this herp business should be aware of... As there are plenty of thieves out there who do this constantly.. You are NOT one of them... You just made an error in judgement and we should leave it as that... I will put this to rest as there is no need for further discussion..

If I may suggest that when you do place an ad on Kingsnake which I see you are now doing you are adding the words "reservation" which at least will put the perspective buyer on notice that you "do not have the animals in question" and that the" photos are only similar to what you are receiving.. "

This way you can never be accused of a bait and switch form of advertising which I do NOT believe you were intending to do... Its just a learning experience.. JERRY

Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
xenesthis13
some positive closure

Jerry,

This is your first semi-positive communications, so I think it is constructive. I will use it to crystalize some facts and also to find closure on a constructive manner to our dealings.

1) IF I did not come through with the requested stock, you would have been refunded. You have implied the opposite and that is not correct. I thrive on repeat business and to imply that is simply wrong.

2) "You are NOT one of them..." - finally, yes I am not one of them.

3) "If I may suggest that when you do place an ad on Kingsnake which I see you are now doing you are adding the words "reservation" which at least will put the perspective buyer on notice that you "do not have the animals in question" and that the" photos are only similar to what you are receiving.. ". - noted and yes, I can do that. That is a constructive comment and I will comply with future advertising as suggested.

4) "... which I do NOT believe you were intending to do..." - That is right, but starting this thread with the words that you did and it's implications to readers does not mesh with your post today. I think you jumped the gun with a lot of miscommunication, bad assumptions and thinking the worst of somebody.

I consider this matter closed. Our business dealings concluded. I will comply with your suggestions and I hope you will comply with mine concerning communications and jumping the gun about things. Good luck in life and business.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
lanceheads
Ahhh, this is a kodak moment!

Randal

Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #34
ophidile
I would be dubious too if someone sent me an invoice unless I specifically requested one or we had at least definitely agreed on a deal. Out of the blue with no photos and animals not in hand? Yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #35
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Ahhh, this is a kodak moment!

Randal
Re-Todd kissing Jerry's ass? Nothing I'd frame but it was sweet to see.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Re-Todd kissing Jerry's ass? Nothing I'd frame but it was sweet to see.

Randal

Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

Randal
Of course you do.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #38
garweft
I'm glad that the posts on these two guys are both listed as inquiries as neither seems to be a bad guy or in the wrong.

"What we've got here is.... failure to communicate."

I see two guys who do business in two different ways. One is doing business the same way it was done back in the days of mailed out price lists, while the other is looking for a more modern internet "jobber" approach.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #39
xenesthis13
Critical bill

Critical bill's comments have nothing positive to offer. Nobody's kissing anybody's ass here.

Cathy was fair and constructive with her comments. People should follow her lead on such matters.

Offer something constructive, positive and fair, otherwise say nothing at all.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #40
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
Nobody's kissing anybody's ass here.
Nobody except you, Lord of the Ass Kissers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!