Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 53 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #261
cobravenom
I appreciate everyone's help! This is turning out to be more expensive than I thought just getting the box, insulation, deli cups/bags, heat/cold packs, styrofoam peanuts, etc. I am waiting on heat packs to get here before I ship the test box but everything else is ready to go including application. I havent contacted a rep as it is the weekend not to mention I have been working nonstop the last 20+ days. How do they know I am authorized when I walk in a Fed Ex location in a few months with a box that clearly states on the label "Live Harmless Reptiles"? Will they just look me up or ask for an account number and it pop up that I am certified on their screen? I talked to some people at FedEx Kinko's today and they have never heard of the reptile thing of course so I am assuming it is going to be that way everywhere.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #262
The BoidSmith
Heath,

You don't need the heat packs to become certified. They are only going to test the strength of the box. Once you become certified they will have you in the system. Remember you have to open an account with FedEx before sending the box (maybe you have it already). If there's a FedEx drop mail-box in your area it might be easier to wait for the pick-up truck right there than leaving a package with snakes at Kinko's! The pick-up hours are written on top of the mailbox.

Good luck!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #263
cobravenom
Ready to ship Monday!

I have an account and have my box all set up for shipping minus the heat pack. I went to Kinko's today and got an 11x11x11 FedEx corrugated box with a maximum weight capacity of 30 pounds, used 3 quarter inch styrofoam to insulate, and put my account number in the box along with the tied bag and a rubber snake Wife's idea I am going to tape it all up and send it off Monday morning to the testing facility and hopefully meet their standards. I am thinking of adding a few fragile stickers I have here at the house to the outer box but dont know if it really matters. If it were not for this thread things would never have happened for me and I am sure thousands of others. Heath

Old 03-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #264
akaangela
I signed up for my acct. The first step. Now all I need to do is to talk to a rep and send out the package. Anyone want to show me a photo of their test package??? A box, Styrofoam liner, (do I need peanuts or will newspaper do?), do I have to use deli cups or can I use a snake bag? When I tape it up should I put holes in it for ventilation? You said heat packs don't matter. Am I missing anything?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #265
cobravenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
I signed up for my acct. The first step. Now all I need to do is to talk to a rep and send out the package. Anyone want to show me a photo of their test package??? A box, Styrofoam liner, (do I need peanuts or will newspaper do?), do I have to use deli cups or can I use a snake bag? When I tape it up should I put holes in it for ventilation? You said heat packs don't matter. Am I missing anything?
As far as what I have learned here you do not need any holes, the liner is a must as is the peanuts and deli cups or a snake bag either one or both will work. I dont know about the newspaper thing but no you do not need to send the heat packs with the test box.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver