Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
laterob
Welcome, Chris!

You are right...maybe Ian will come here to share his version of events. Until then, we can only form opinions based on what's been presented to us.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
DavidBeard
I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Ian doesn't show up here.....instead he may have some of his KHS buddies come to his "defense."

Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazychris3000 View Post
I would be very careful in assuming this is the whole truth, just like a history book, there is always more than one side to a story.
Since you joined today and this is your first post, is there any information that you'd care to share in addition to what the OP posted?

Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
SincereArtisan
Earlier today I sent this to Will, Phil and Kathy, along with a link to the thread:

Per Ron Allen's suggestion and the advice I others, I am bringing this to your attention. I'm uncertain as to whether or not Ian has been sharing his side of these events. But, I feel my screen shots and honest account of the transaction is a fair representation of my side and what I have experienced from him. I want you both to understand that my level of professionalism and respect led me to avoid airing this out at the KHS holiday party. Also, for reasons stated, I had my reservations about meeting up with him to "talk this out" at Pets Galore after hours and well after sunset.

I am in no way expecting any of you to step in and solve this issue. I simply want you to be aware of his actions, and if he isn't already, make him aware that his reputation has been compromised by his own actions and responses. He has blocked me on FB, so any further efforts to communicate on this matter have not worked. Perhaps he would eventually wish to step in and defend himself and his actions.

Please accept my apologies if this was not a matter you wished to be brought into. No response or action is required, but I felt I would be doing a greater disservice to let this kind of behavior go completely unnoticed by others who have been led to trust and depend on some one like this.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
thecrazychris3000
I do know both parties involved in the dispute and I'm not privy to all of the information about this situation. However, I do know the guys at the pet store, the same pet store we all go to for rodents. They are not thugs and were going to be mediators, all of the parties involved know each other and all are good standing members of the herp community.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
I do know both parties involved in the dispute and I'm not privy to all of the information about this situation. However, I do know the guys at the pet store, the same pet store we all go to for rodents. They are not thugs and were going to be mediators, all of the parties involved know each other and all are good standing members of the herp community.
Who selected the mediators?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
rcarichter
Quote:
They are not thugs and were going to be mediators, all of the parties involved know each other and all are good standing members of the herp community.
Hi Chris,

Have they given any indication as to what, exactly, they are going to mediate? Is it their opinion that these snakes belong to Ian? I think we would all like to hear another side of the story, if there is one. (If you reference a third party on this forum, you have to name them). Thanks.

Noelle

Old 12-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
thecrazychris3000
Pete and Matt were going to mediate the discussion between Sarah and Ian. Sarah and Ian both know these guys from the local reptile community and Pete works at the pet store where we all get our rodents from, Sarah included. I think these guys also saw the snakes in question when Ian first got them and can attest to their health, condition, and care provided. I don't know what kind of shape they were in so I can't speculate on that.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #29
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Pete and Matt were going to mediate the discussion between Sarah and Ian. Sarah and Ian both know these guys from the local reptile community and Pete works at the pet store where we all get our rodents from, Sarah included. I think these guys also saw the snakes in question when Ian first got them and can attest to their health, condition, and care provided. I don't know what kind of shape they were in so I can't speculate on that.
Did both parties, Sarah and Ian, agree to have Pete and Matt as mediators? Alternatively, did an impartial third party suggest them? If not and only one person on one side of the dispute made the choice, it about as much mediation as choosing kickball teammates is.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #30
DavidBeard
I know Pete. I know Sarah. They are both good people in my book. I don't know Ian....but I do know that it sounds VERY shady to ask a woman to meet a group of guys in the dark after one of those men has been very course in a disagreement with the woman, regardless of the details.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!