Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 57 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:13 AM   #561
Sugarhedgie
I want to thank everyone for their support and even thank the people who commented on his behalf. I think everyone has at least learned something from this thread and I am glad I finally got the courage up to post here. If it prevents just one person from being scammed like I was then it was worth it.

I was slandered, called inappropriate and uncalled for names, was belittled, was put down, and scammed out of a prize that I won.

imo I his was also fraud.

I will not enter another raffle because of what ty park has done!!!

It's sad that certain people can't be trusted and that they don't honor their word.

But again appreciate everyone's comments
Thank you

Old 01-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #562
thomas davis
what happened with the courts? dropping it is essentially letting him get away with it to do it again .
i am dumbfounded that the herp community doesn't rally against this atrocity, weren't 1000s of dollars collected from sold tix? at the least everyone who bought a ticket should be appalled at this situation. you won and per HIS terms he owes you an albino tegu or 3k real simple
dont give up. never give up.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:16 PM   #563
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
you won and per HIS terms he owes you an albino tegu or 3k real simple dont give up. never give up.
^^^^^^^^^^

NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #564
bcr229
Have you tried reporting the fraud to the IRS yet? It will cost you nothing but the time required to download, fill out, and email the form.
http://blog.charitynavigator.org/201...ity-fraud.html

I fail to see how a charity can benefit from a raffle, including picking and announcing the winners and accepting the proceeds from the raffle, yet when a winner doesn't receive the prized turn around and claim that they weren't involved.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #565
Sugarhedgie
There is a court date at the end of feb. He won't go again. But as I have stated because In my state (and his) it was an ILLEGAL raffle so the most they would award me is the 400 for the tickets and 100 for the filing fees. If I ask them to dismiss it without prejudice that would allow me to re file it if I need to. After I Persue AZ and FL laws and talk more to Fl and Az atttorney generals.

It's a shame that he has done this to me and I don't care how much money he has donated like he always throws out there to try and make himself look like some sort of saint because What he did was unfair, a fraud and a scam imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
what happened with the courts? dropping it is essentially letting him get away with it to do it again .
i am dumbfounded that the herp community doesn't rally against this atrocity, weren't 1000s of dollars collected from sold tix? at the least everyone who bought a ticket should be appalled at this situation. you won and per HIS terms he owes you an albino tegu or 3k real simple
dont give up. never give up.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:02 AM   #566
AlliSnaper PMW
I dont get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
this was posted on ty park page on oct 29

‎Robert Krause‎ to Ty Park
10 hrs ·
As everyone knows, I am a very close personal friend of Ty's. We go back a long ways and there is no one and I mean ABSOLUTELY no one who has more integrity and honesty than Ty. I learn a lot from this man always. But, he has too much trust in people and to a fault. Without getting into the numerous times I've attempted to convince Ty to be cautious in business and not be to trusting, his answer is that they probably need it more than him and he is willing to help even to a fault. WHAT A PERSON I ADMIRE SO MUCH. Sad as it may be there are always people out there looking for an easy buck. And that is where some people take terrible advantage of him. That is what has happened with this woman who is suing him for something so ridiculous that it makes me want to physically intervene. We all know that there are always going to be people who are looking to scam someone else, a person who will go to the food store and drop a jar of pickles and intentionally cut themselves with the intent of filing a gigantic lawsuit knowing that the powers that be will always settle out of court. If this person had an ounce of brains, she would quietly drop this lawsuit and crawl back into the hole where she belongs.
Comments
Manny Hernandez
Manny Hernandez I agree! Some people are just scum and usually ruin it for everyone. I'm sorry you Ty Park are having to go through this. Know that there are plenty of good people that are out here standing shoulder to shoulder with you.
3 · 10 hrs
Steven Hong
Steven Hong No offense, I think she's doing this because she wants the attention and she's probably not making enough off her sugar gliders...(yes, I checked out her page to see who she is). Hope she doesn't try to sue me off this comment 🙃
9 hrs

posted on oct 28‎

Renata Carlseen‎ to Ty Park
Yesterday at 6:31pm · Chula Vista, CA ·
— ATTENTION — FRIENDS — Over the years we’ve come to know Ty Park as a person who has given much to our community in his generosity, kindness to all, and support he offers when people have nowhere to turn. Never has he hesitated and always with a smile, he treats people as if they were family.
In the world of conservation to help save endangered species that we all love, he has donated significantly in support of those efforts by running raffles, auctions or simply reached in his pockets to ensure those on the front lines had the funds to do the work. He knows the difficulty organizations have competing for grants that are too few to go around, which delays the work to protect these species until the maybe the next funding cycle comes around.
Recently a situation occurred where a person felt Ty had not fulfilled his obligations after winning a raffle. Despite all the efforts Ty made to please the person, whatever he did was not good enough. Ultimately this person sued Ty, feeling cheated on his promise. The shame of it all was rather than resolving this in private, the person publicly made statements about Ty with the intent of harming or slandering his reputation.
For all the support Ty has given us and the conservation community it is time we show our support for him. To counter and rebuff the defamation of Ty's character that was so publicly and thoughtlessly displayed, we ask you to take a moment to make a short post below in support of Ty. This is what friends do… Thank You!
From what everyone has said its fair to assume he is a nice guy and does good work. That doesn't mean She's in the wrong. It also doesn't mean he's not a good person. The raffle promised a tegu produced by him or $3000. He stated he didn't have any but could get one from a friend. And instead of saying flat out no She inquired on the breeder. Then was told it didn't matter he couldn't get any. Then said she wouldn't receive the money either. She played a game of chance spending $400 knowing full well she might not receive a thing. That doesn't sound like someone who's $ hungry and looking to rip someone off. She put took the chance and won. I'm not into tegus but im guessing she took the chance because she might get a top of the line tegu from a respected breeder. Sounds to me she has respect in the quality of animal and wants whats promised and not a lizard from a random person. Maybe people are sticking up for him because hes a friend and want to be loyal. but how on earth is she in the wrong? I respect all opinions and would like others share. Hopefully this all gets worked out.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:04 AM   #567
Sugarhedgie
I had respect for him up intill he started calling me names and said I will get nothing.
Mistakes happen and no one is perfect but this wasn't a mistake. Ty had an illegal raffle, he felt I was greedy and refused to send me my prize he himself promised
a "good" person doesn't lie and scam people. They would have just honored their promise and delivered the prize.
Ty park said he doesn't think I deserve it and that he felt I was greedy but that is not a reason to cheat someone out of a prize that they won.

A reputation takes a long time to build but him pulling what he did with this raffle One would think it would have many people questioning his ethics's , and morals.
He is narcisistic and very egotistical.
He can flash his money and Rolex around and donate thousands and thousands of dollars to some great causes but it doesn't dismiss the fact that he scammed me out of a prize I won.

I didn't like the fact that he started trying to change the terms of the raffle because yes I do care very much where my animals come from.
that is why I asked about the "breeder" but he would not even disclose that info to me.

I breed high end sugar gliders and I will only buy from certain breeders that are well known and have good reputations because with sugar gliders ,when they produce their joeys their joeys are more desirable if the breeders in their lineage are well respected.

If a sugar glider breedersod what ty did they would be done in the community.

I have seen ty belittle people on his page when they say something that he doesn't agree with and that's a pretty crappy way to handle things. But he has his followers who worship the ground he walks on and they will continue to im afraid until he screws then over too. The people he donates will also continue to worship him too because they don't want to lose his support.
This raffle raised Over 15,000 for IRCF and when I wrote to the IRCF and they basically said it's not their problem I lost all respect for them as well.

I guess money talks.

;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSnaper PMW View Post
From what everyone has said its fair to assume he is a nice guy and does good work. That doesn't mean She's in the wrong. It also doesn't mean he's not a good person. The raffle promised a tegu produced by him or $3000. He stated he didn't have any but could get one from a friend. And instead of saying flat out no She inquired on the breeder. Then was told it didn't matter he couldn't get any. Then said she wouldn't receive the money either. She played a game of chance spending $400 knowing full well she might not receive a thing. That doesn't sound like someone who's $ hungry and looking to rip someone off. She put took the chance and won. I'm not into tegus but im guessing she took the chance because she might get a top of the line tegu from a respected breeder. Sounds to me she has respect in the quality of animal and wants whats promised and not a lizard from a random person. Maybe people are sticking up for him because hes a friend and want to be loyal. but how on earth is she in the wrong? I respect all opinions and would like others share. Hopefully this all gets worked out.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #568
filenamex5100
I may be way out of my mind here but ill take a crack. been reading this for the past 2 hours.
is it possible to file a federal lawsuit for fraud? the animal would have to cross state lines which could make it federal jurisdiction right? how did you pay the $400? you can sue on the bases on electronic fraud or postal fraud if you mailed it (maybe only with a usps money order).

perhaps the raffle was illegal in your state but that should exclude you from punitive damages (which include headaches, embarrassment, etc etc). I recently sued the credit bureaus and won so I am fairly familiar with certain aspect on the a lawsuit with regards to damages....which is where the majority of your damages and compensation would come from. I sued on a federal level. texas allows triple damages (award x3) so maybe I should've went that route.
it really irritates me to see this scenario playing out for you. its a nightmare. you will at a very minimum get your $400 back. if you are not awarded additional punitive damages, I would think the alternative would be jail time for him. you absolutely want to have your ducks in a row if you push it to the federal level. document every single piece of paper your printed, time on the phone, fuel cost to and from anywhere that has a direct relation to your case. decide what a reasonable settlement amount would be for those items. I did that as well and then multiplied it by 3 to get my punitive damages. if you get a judge that 100% agrees with you, that information could become his framework for your award and save him the time. hence why I said make it reasonable. you cant ask for a million dollors....however....punitive damages can add up to be 90% of a settlement dollar amount.

you absolutely have a case! illegal raffle or not...he cannot commit fraud because you broke a law. this really looks like fraud to me. I would even say its the textbook example of a bait and switch fraud scheme. he would've had a better shot at saying no one won at all! obviously that is fraud to but he could have gotten away with that a little easier.

I have ZERO clue if my lawyers can be of any help but I would encourage you to contact them and see if they can help. they helped me a great deal at no charge! SmithMarco from Chicago. I'm not even sure they support this type of lawsuit but its worth a shot. call or email larry or david.

I really hope you get it figured out. I don't know either one of you but so far this Ty character is a piece of trash!
**for the record....you are not greedy. you simply want what you paid for and nothing more.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:47 PM   #569
filenamex5100
^^^^^ Post 568 by: Rowdy Kent ....sorry mods.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:46 AM   #570
nickolasanastasiou
The name is already in the name field of one's profile, so signing posts is now redundant.

Derogatory name-calling is not acceptable expression on the BOI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu