Bad Guy DISPUTE Matthew James Boatman/Habitats by Design - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
The Frog Whisperer
DISPUTE Matthew James Boatman/Habitats by Design

He deals in dry goods, vivarium supplies and frogs/darts out of CO
Please beware, myself and other trusted businesses and suppliers were scammed for a lot of money. Personally, I am owed . 2500$ wholesale [4-5 grand retail].
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
Lucille
Can you please post screen shots of emails of your deal with him? Have you notified him of this thread?

Old 12-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Shawn, when a person has scammed, it is my take that his/her information such as email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and so forth are fair game for sharing with parties who might search for such things. As text so as to make it show up in search engines. There are some situations I might prefer to handle with strategic "stealth" for particular reasons, but usually not when I am going so far as to make it public. Something to consider among your options. I hope you can achieve compensation for what you provided. I have learned not to front orders outside of the rarest of circumstances because even long-standing good friends and regular high-dollar customers can oh so conveniently slow down repayment when given leeway one time too many.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
mcdanielj8
The CO reptile community is pretty tight-knit; I'd definitely advise posting your info to any of the various CO reptile groups on facebook - especially the Buy/Sell/Trade groups.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
bcr229
Public Info AKA Google is Awesome

A quick search of Colorado business entities at https://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busi...CriteriaExt.do shows that "Habitats by Design" is a trade name/DBA registered by Matthew James Boatman at address 5257 Andes Way, Denver, CO 80249, which is a residential property owned by PKK Investments, LLC.

According to the web site http://habitatsbydesign.com/ the business is temporarily closed for renovations.

Their facebook page is www.facebook.com/Habitatsbydesign and hasn't been updated for a few months. Contact info there is listed as:
(720) 442-3008
orders@habitatsbydesign.com

Old 12-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #6
tlmoon
Sorry to hear you got ripped off by this guy, for such a lot of money too. Hopefully if you keep after him he will make good on the agreement. If nothing else, by posting you have probably spared another person from getting screwed over by this guy, so thanks for posting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!