Inquiry Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #31
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
My personal recommendation is to not use "Add to cart" type things with live animals.
I'll second this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinker View Post
so we had established a dialogue and agreed upon a shipping date.
I'll second this one also, dialogue before a purchase.
If carts are available, I would still call them to further inquire about the animal and place your order using the animal's ID#.

Amazon has the shopping cart & same day shipping process down to a science, I unfortunately have yet to hear of a reptile breeder who does.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #32
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I'll second this one.

I'll second this one also, dialogue before a purchase.
If carts are available, I would still call them to further inquire about the animal and place your order using the animal's ID#.

Amazon has the shopping cart & same day shipping process down to a science, I unfortunately have yet to hear of a reptile breeder who does.
Yes, this will absolutely be my next method if I ever decide to purchase online again. I am really new to the whole online experience so this has been a bit of a blunder for me.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:17 AM   #33
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
While it might look hasty to post a thread after a day, I'm guessing there would be no thread here if the OP hadn't gotten a shipping confirmation, taken time off work, and had to track down whether the animal was actually being shipped or not. Kudos to the OP for taking the time to be available in case the snake did arrive.

I think it's fair for the OP to be frustrated. I know for me personally, getting time off work for a morning Fed Ex delivery is super difficult and I would be very frustrated if I got a shipping notification, had to take an unplanned morning off work and then no snake.

It sounds like she'll get a nice snake at some point and that Bob is generally a solid guy, so that's good to hear.
Yes, thank you. I am hoping by the end of the day today all will be resolved and I can just be happy I have a healthy snake.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #34
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I'll second this one.
Absolutely .... numerous times I was interested in an animal but when an automated shopping cart popped up, I dismissed the whole idea and shopped elsewhere.

These automated carts are BS when it comes to live animals.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #35
yodawagon
I think I read on facebook he was out of town. He should have staff handling his affairs though. Try contacting him through facebook.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:07 AM   #36
Vithaxton
As a reptile business owner I have roughly 17,000 followers on Instagram through my business (@morphbankpythons) you can’t imagine how many messages I receive a day! I try my hardest to get through all 500 a day but it’s like fighting an uphill battle! I can’t imagine the messages a mega breeder like Bob Clark gets. Give him some extra time to respond! And send a lot of messages through Facebook! Facebook usually works because workers at his facility will most likely respond to them while he’s away! I’m not excusing the fact he didn’t message you within 24 hours I’m just saying it gets hard with so many customers! That being said Bob is a grade A seller and knows what he’s doing I highly doubt he’d ship your snake during 20 degree weather as well. It sucks you had to call into work to wait for a snake all day too! The whole shipping label thing being automated is really weird! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #37
Vithaxton
And to answer your question! Yes I have had something similar happen to me through Bhb reptiles and few big breeders but it always worked itself out in less than a week! It did take Bob Clark I believe 3 days to answer back when I asked about buying one of his retics so that’s my history with him!

Old 01-31-2018, 11:41 AM   #38
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
As a reptile business owner I have roughly 17,000 followers on Instagram through my business (@morphbankpythons) you can’t imagine how many messages I receive a day! I try my hardest to get through all 500 a day but it’s like fighting an uphill battle! I can’t imagine the messages a mega breeder like Bob Clark gets. Give him some extra time to respond! And send a lot of messages through Facebook! Facebook usually works because workers at his facility will most likely respond to them while he’s away! I’m not excusing the fact he didn’t message you within 24 hours I’m just saying it gets hard with so many customers! That being said Bob is a grade A seller and knows what he’s doing I highly doubt he’d ship your snake during 20 degree weather as well. It sucks you had to call into work to wait for a snake all day too! The whole shipping label thing being automated is really weird! Lol

He did ship, but like another member said it's probably because he's out of town and had staff taking care of orders perhaps. I'm sure Bob is extremely busy - I was mostly panicked about the mystery shipping label. I managed to get him rerouted to a FedEx hub where I can pick him up right after work so that was a plus, and like everyone has said I am sure I will have a healthy snake

Thank you also for letting me know your experience was similar - I do wonder now if the shipping labels were automated or maybe generated by one of his staff

Old 01-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #39
yodawagon
Don't know why my post was deleted, but try contacting him through facebook.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #40
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
Thank you also for letting me know your experience was similar - I do wonder now if the shipping labels were automated or maybe generated by one of his staff
I have a shopping cart system set up for my business. There's an option to either set up shipping labels to be created and staged automatically, or I can have it done as a manual process. I do it manually b/c it's low volume.

Once the label is created it has an expected ship date (usually the following day) with an expected receipt date 2-3 business days in the future because everything I send goes out USPS priority. The label is valid for 30 days though, which of course would push out the receipt date if for some reason the package doesn't get to the post office on the expected ship date. The recipient still gets the "label created" notification though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!