Inquiry Matt Oakley / Next Generation Morphs - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #11
Lucille
Tom I hate that this is happening to you. Did you pay by credit card, or any other way that you can start non-received proceedings against him?

Old 03-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #12
tcp2
Matthew Oakley

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Sometimes things happen that can be resolved with communication from someone that knows the person involved.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #13
tcp2
Matthew Oakley

Unfortunately I was really stupid and trusted him. He said that he had a lot of references. I sent him the full amount and I do not have any way to retrieve the $.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #14
savagecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
Unfortunately I was really stupid and trusted him. He said that he had a lot of references. I sent him the full amount and I do not have any way to retrieve the $.
If you used PayPal I would contact them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 03-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #15
savagecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagecity View Post
If you used PayPal I would contact them

Man this sucks I really thought he was one of the good guys in this industry let's be honest we all have our phones in our hands most of the day it doesn't take more than a second to return someone's text or call especially a customer who spent $1,200 with you

Old 03-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #16
Black Adder
Quote:
Man this sucks I really thought he was one of the good guys in this industry let's be honest we all have our phones in our hands most of the day it doesn't take more than a second to return someone's text or call especially a customer who spent $1,200 with you

That John is so true, even us older duffers have caught up with tech and get alerts that there is an email here, a message on fb etc etc.
I guess there are still some flat earthers out there but it is VERY far and few between and anybody who is doing serious business is not going to be one of them!

In todays interconnected world there is very little in the way of excuses for not being aware of problems.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #17
savagecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
That John is so true, even us older duffers have caught up with tech and get alerts that there is an email here, a message on fb etc etc.
I guess there are still some flat earthers out there but it is VERY far and few between and anybody who is doing serious business is not going to be one of them!

In todays interconnected world there is very little in the way of excuses for not being aware of problems.
Couldn't of said it better you're absolutely right if somebody doesn't want to talk to you it's because simply they don't want to talk to you I hope you figure this out I'll try my best to get ahold of him I already messaged him got no response

Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #18
savagecity
Quote:
Couldn't of said it better you're absolutely right if somebody doesn't want to talk to you it's because simply they don't want to talk to you I hope you figure this out I'll try my best to get ahold of him I already messaged him got no response

Hopefully this is resolved today

Old 03-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #19
EastCoastReptiles171
I wouldn’t have seen this at all but a few reptile friends made me aware. Honestly, I’ve just been going through an overwhelming amount things for the past few months; single parenthood, filing for full custody, moving, a promotion, a 3 hour round trip work commute and more. I haven’t been on social media and don’t plan to be for a while.

In the past decade I’ve produced/sold thousands of snakes, literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in this hobby, and produced upwards of 20 world’s 1st. I’ve dedicated a third of my life to the hobby and am not one of these guys just in it for the money. I’ve made tons of friends and do have an outstanding amount of positive reference which I’m always willing to provide when someone purchases from me. I’m definitely not someone who would steal someone’s money or not attempt to fix any problem.

I didn’t plan on this payment plan taking 5 months to complete as the full balance still hadn’t been paid. I already refunded ALL of Tom’s money which included the 25% nonrefundable deposit which were all sent via Paypal friends and family. I don’t know how long the process takes with Paypal/the bank. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience, Tom.
I won’t be back on here continuing this convo.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
I’m definitely not someone who would steal someone’s money or not attempt to fix any problem.
Without any communication, your buyer didn't know what to think. Kudos to him for not making a Bad Guy post on you until the facts emerged. It sounds as if you have a lot on your plate. But if in the future you find that you are getting overwhelmed, step back and don't initiate transactions that you are unable to give your attention to. Here, it would have taken just a few minute to email your buyer but you did not do that.

Hopefully Tom will receive his refund soon. I think neither party should send/accept Friends/Family payments to PayPal unless they are friends or family.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!