SNAKE WINE (cobra in bottle) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #11
punkherper
You guys are just plain SICK! I cant believe you would buy something like that! That poor snake was alive until some bastard had to kill it and put it in a bottle that is the stupidest thing I have EVER seen, you guys make me so mad!

Old 01-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #12
cyberfrog
I much prefer kitten wine, but snake will do. Nothing cuter than a pickled kitten face staring at you through a glass bottle!!

C.mon man, these wine bottles are made in asia and are very popular there, cultural if you will. Some places worship cattle, but I bet you still enjoy a nice moo-patty from time to time eh?

Old 01-18-2005, 05:05 PM   #13
old guy
They are on Ebay from time to time

up for auction and i have seen them at a certain hot show before and I imagine they are just conversation pieces. BUT while I would never try the contents out, they are consumed by some peoples of the Asian territories for many reasons including medicinal wellness and the popular belief of a " APHRODISIAC " !

Old 01-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #14
John Apple
Look at the pic again folks...is it me or does that look like an Asian vine snake?? definately not a cobra

Old 01-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #15
Mokele
Quote:
Look at the pic again folks...is it me or does that look like an Asian vine snake?? definately not a cobra
The cobra is behind the vine snake, holding it in it's mouth.

Quote:
You guys are just plain SICK! I cant believe you would buy something like that! That poor snake was alive until some bastard had to kill it and put it in a bottle that is the stupidest thing I have EVER seen, you guys make me so mad
While I don't condone the original creator of these items killing snakes in order to make cheap tourist trinkets, that maker has obviously already gotten his money, and thus the damage (of encouraging him) is done. Passing it around once it's been bought doesn't actually do any more damage. In fact, it may be beneficial, since providing a resale market for items of this sort reduces the portion of the demand that can only be filled with new items.

So, basically, by re-selling this thing once the novelty wears off, the original poster is actually taking away part of the market that would otherwise be filled by killing more snakes. Re-selling it is the next best thing to do next to it not getting purchased from the original vendor in the first place.

Henry

Old 03-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #16
Bubafat
I've drank some sake that had a venomous snake in the bottle (not sure what it was)...it was pretty nasty, but I lived. It had scales floating in it...yuck...but I'll try anything once. I also had some sake that had bees about half the size of golf balls in it...good thing I'm not allergic to bees!

Old 03-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #17
wpatte2005
Hi when I was in the marines stationed in okiniawa they had what wascalled habu sake that is probably what you drank and you are soooo right itis nasty.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 AM   #18
netup
Famous snake

Still very famous in asia.

But really not sure it's a cobra?
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #19
ted zalewski
how about netup in a bottle?

Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #20
Scott Ashton
I believe the wine is Vietnamese.

Plugin "cobra wine" into Google (or your favorite search engine) and you should find a plethora of information.

As far as being upset with using an animal in such a way, I can understand and respect that. The fact is that these animals (and many others) are valued in various asian cultures for many reasons, including medicinal use, virility, prosperity, etc.

I work with a consultant (originally from Hong Kong) who has eaten dogs, cats, and snakes (dogs and snakes). Its all a matter of culture. My wife is Hindu and won't eat beef - doesn't have an issue with me eating it though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread