Recieved a weird email from upstate exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
Donel
Angry Recieved a weird email from upstate exotics

Hi all just a heads up,recieved a weird email today from Upstate exotics,don't know why as I have never done business with them.But am nervous because I have read quite a bit of sketchy crap about them to say the least.The email didn't say much,but had their website info, a guy named Sal and IP adress etc...,anyway it had a zip file attached and of course because it was from a reptile co. and I have heard of Upstate,I was an idiot and opened it.Well,there was really nothing inside,so I sent a response to them asking them what the email meant,so I hope they somehow didn't get any important info of mine copied on the win zip(which I do not know if it is possible) but my computer started going haywire(probably a virus,which I hope it is all it was).Luckily I have GO Back so I did it and all seems ok,but I'm still pissed!So just a heads up.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #2
Sybella
Creepy! Who would send out a virus in Upstate's name? Odd! Thanks for the heads up, Donel.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #3
dwedeking
Viruses commonly fake the "from" address. So the virus was sent from a computer that either had Upchuck's email addy in their address book or from someone that had viewed their website. That computer user probably doesn't even know their computer is infected. Such is the nature of computer viruses.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
cka
I just got one too...

but it came from admin@varanus.net with a naked2.zip file attached...

Old 03-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
casadelgecko
sounds like a virus

Klez will use email addresses in address book, or from cookies of websites. hope your anti virus is updated and running. should have caught it when you tried to open the zip.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
Donel
Hi Guys,thanks alot for the info,I think you are right about it being a virus,because I just got another one from naturesfinest@aol.com.
I think It's time to update my Norton antivirus!LOL!! Boy these people must have alot of time on their hands.Anyway,thanks to all who took their time to help me out,it is much appreciated.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
cka
hmmm...my norton antivirus IS updated...the message did get sent to my "suspect email" box tho...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!