Carolina Reptile Exchange Good Guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
D. Brasher
Thumbs up Carolina Reptile Exchange Good Guys

As always I write as a single individual and my experience in dealing with supplier or customer and this is my opinion per this particular transaction . I recently bought a specific locale boa I was looking for from Bruce @ Carolina Reptiles . There was an emergency on their end but Ted quickly contacted me and handled the situation and took my order in hand and it was shipped exactly on time . The animal was as stated, and appears in good health . The animal was securely packed as well as the box still warm when I received it .I am very satisfied with the animal and customer service I received . D Brasher (home of the Brasher Bloodred Hypo and related Morphs )

Old 11-26-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Thomas Jones
Emergecy!! What happen did Bruces father die again.
Thomas Jones

Old 11-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #3
Gregg M
You call a person who sells hacked up venomous snakes, a "good guy"..... He is one of the biggest sellers of voids in the hobby...... Anyone that sells or promotes the sale of abused animals for profit is a BAD GUY......

Old 11-27-2004, 03:38 AM   #4
snakegetters
I'm glad you had a good transaction.

This isn't the case for a large number of other people. Search this board for numerous threads starring Bruce and his amazingly resurrected dead father who apparently kept doing business over the Internet for years after his funeral.

Also they are notorious for stealing other people's photos and posting them as their own, claiming to be able to sell offspring from these animals. They did this to me personally. It was mildly amusing to watch them backpedal when I explained that I already OWNED the animal they were claiming was the mother of their offspring, that I had owned it since it was originally imported several years ago, and that it was a male.

Aside from the venomoid issue, which certainly is worth thinking about, these people are not a good choice to do business with.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Welcome to the BOI!

Quote:
As always I write as a single individual and my experience in dealing with supplier or customer and this is my opinion per this particular transaction.
It seems you have recently joined the BOI. From the sentence in the quote it also appears you knew of CRE past problems when you stated “per this particular transaction”.

You have the right to post your experiences with any individual. But don’t be surprised that given Bruce’s past record your post will spark some negative replies. There is a host of information about their business practices in this very site. Bruce, Digital reptiles, HCE, Noa, CRE, Harry Eisennman, you take your pick from which want to do your search on. Your post seems the exception to the rule. The title “good guys” may lead some of the new people in here to believe they are in fact that, when time and again the contrary has been the norm. Have you said “good transaction” it would have read a lot differently. Stating “good guys” can mislead people (of course not the regulars of the BOI) and lure them into buying from them. Anyways, I’m glad you are satisfied with your purchase, although it will not change one bit the concept most of us have from them.

Regards.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Wilomn
Newbie or not there is a rule here about starting NEW threads on folks that already have threads started about them.

It's interesting how known good guys manage to have their customers follow this rule pretty well. Or maybe it's just customers of good guys are smarter or something.

Time and time again we see KNOWN bad guys with MANY instances of their badness having new threads started. These threads are almost always started by someone fairly new to the site.

In theory this thread should NOT have been started and in theory it will be merged into an existing thread.

Of course, we all know how theories go.....

Old 11-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #7
craig kade
Wow we get a change in format and a bazarro world post all in the same week. If anyone is considering buying from these people please email me directly so I can talk some sense into you. bruce,noah or harry, which ever name he wants to go by will rip you off. Anyone who sells snakes under his dead fathers name, has some serious issues with reality. I am sure he is reading this and laughing all the way to the bank, but he will get his someday. Craig

Old 12-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #8
D. Brasher
my opinion

As I said in my post this is one mans opinion . I was satisfied with the animal I recieved and the service . I respect others opinions of their experiences and feel anyone should have the freedom to post their honest opinions . I wouldnt try to defend any actions if someone has been wronged in the past . This is simply my opinion of my transaction that I was satisfied with . Anyone can look at prior posts and make educated decesions for themselves based on what they find , mine is just one of many and I dont discount or dispute the personal views and opinions of others. I know its not popular to write a post where there may be adversity in reputation but I was treated fairly and I felt that deserved to be noted as with anyone else I have written positive feedback about and I simply leave it at that . One man , one transaction and one opinion .

Old 12-03-2004, 01:23 AM   #9
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Brasher
One man , one transaction and one opinion .
It is good that your adventure with brucey and his band of merry bandits turned out well.

I'm curious though. Are you in the habit of doing deals with known bad guys? Do you often do business with convicted criminals? Were you aware of just what kind of guy you were doing business with?

I ask the above questions for a very good reason. Several of them actually.

If the KNOWN bad guys like brucey and his band of merry criminals can keep suckering in the one of us that gets born every minute does it NOT seem likely that the bad guys will continue to rip people off?

One good deal every once in a while does NOT make up for all the bad ones they've been caught at previous to your dealing with them.

Frankly I just don't understand why some folks go to the WORST in the business when you CAN deal good honest people if you look hard enough.

Is it just the cost? Are you trying to redeem the unredeemable?

Did anyone ask you to post here?

You do understand, don't you, that by buying from those guys you are enabling them to continue ripping off the unsuspecting? You do know that brucey has several CONVICTIONS for animal cruelty, don't you? You do know that he is suspected of shipping a cobra cross country with UPS, arent' you? Then there's harry, brucey's daddy who, two years AFTER his death, was selling fake ball python hets. Are these guys great or what?

Be sure to say hi to noah, and barry, and mike "bigmouth" and all the rest of the good ol' boys.

And in the future should you decide to "do as you always do" how about NOT starting a new thread when there are half a dozen already going on about the person you wish discuss.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #10
jwpdcp
Me or anyone I deal with will never do business with them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!