Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
WebSlave
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new server died again today around 3:00pm EST.

I told the server techs to replace the box or I am out of here.

This is REALLY pissing me off now.........

Old 01-25-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
DAND
If you're going to grab the guns make sure you're enroute to the range.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
Lucille
We are grateful for your efforts........This has happened a lot the last few days and I know it's a headache...

Old 01-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
WebSlave
I just got word that they are going to be replacing the server between 6 and 7 EST tonight. If this doesn't straighten things up, then I quit. I surrender. Off to the rubber room with me where I don't have to worry about anything any longer..........

Old 01-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
WebSlave
Being beaten and being a quitter are two entirely different things. I have lost count on the number of times I have had to change servers because of problems with the operating center or hosting company. The number of times I have had to hire people to do kernel upgrades or some other arcane voodoo chant on the server because yet another security hole had been discovered.

Yeah, maybe the problem is because I have to look hard to find servers and services that I can afford to pay out of my own pocket.

And then when I mention about the possibility of charging $10 a head for a membership fee to help with the finances, I get pissing and moaning from a bunch of people over it. Like I am supposed to keep putting up with these eternal headaches for free.....

Well we'll see. We are supposed to be on a new box now. I don't know, haven't gotten any status about it. They were supposed to pull the hard drives from the flaky box and put them into a new one. I know the server dropped offline around 6:30, so something happened.

No, I'm not a quitter, but the pay really sucks for the effort I put into this.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
bcfos
Rich screw shooting the damn thing I have a better idea. Remember in the movie "Office Space" where they went at the fax machine with baseball bats? That is my idea on servers.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
Lucille
1) You are NOT a quitter
2) If you didn't have this board, you would have to PAY for aggravation; you get it free here
3) We will all help in any way we can. Hmmmm, there are a lot of people on this board with a LOT of verbal talent; give us the server guys email address and we will talk sense into them........

Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #8
WebSlave
Well isn't that special? The server clock was about 3 hours behind reality, so the last two posts actually showed up BEFORE the last one posted by Lucille.... Lovely.....

I shut down the board temporarily so I could limit the damage for this one. It was an easy fix, but I didn't know how long it would take me to find it. Things would look REALLY screwy in the BOI with the chronological order of posts being messed up.

OK, when's the OTHER shoe going to drop?

Old 01-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #9
Mike Greathouse
Webslave,
There are many here that are willing to help. You're not in this alone.
I think we really need to consider a membership fee to remove some of the pressure. I just donated $50.00 for the cause. Use it to register the 5 strongest opponents to a membership fee on Fauna - or better yet, just ignore them and buy something to ease the pain - no, not bullets.

We've got your back. It will get better.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
llechler
I don't see why there isn't a membership fee. You have to pay to advertise on kingsnake and fauna is a million times better than that! In my opinion it's the best reptile site on the web and well worth a membership fee.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!