Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:24 AM   #21
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Come on, let's see more 'aye's'.....
From democracy to motherhood, many of the true values in life begin by EACH person deciding to choose a certain path.

COME ON FAUNA!!!
This may have to be moved since there hasn't been too many views to this thread.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:07 AM   #22
robin d.
you know what? iffin people are not willing to be a part of this thread maybe then the minority (us) will have to vote for the majority

Old 01-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #23
Lucille
True; but it would be good to give this thread more exposure, people should never be judged without the opportunity to respond first.

If more people see this thread and do NOT then respond, I say we:

1) vote FOR them and

2) somehow arrange that they would have to look through the 10 most notorious posts in all of Fauna history each time they logged on in order to be able to access the board.
These would include the Robin posts on f'ing sand, as well as choice posts from Hell, the BOI, and the LH Forum.

Heh, heh

Old 01-26-2005, 09:30 AM   #24
robin d.
maybe put it on the front page something like

"paid Membership? help be a part and help us decide" of course linked to this thread or a poll or something maybe right above the nav bar with the "new posts" between that and the one line adverts or below that before the fauna table of contents (menu whatever)

Old 01-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #25
nikita04
membership fee

I am kinda new to fauna, but have bought some very nice jungle carpets that i would have never found anywhere else. I think fauna is the best out there by far, and would be more than willing to pay a membership fee!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:18 AM   #26
Lucille
Lawrence,

Hello and welcome!!!

I appreciate your offer of support for Fauna. You may become a contributing member now by a contribution of at least $25; there is an icon on the lower right area of the board that says 'make a donation' and it takes you directly into the Paypal system.

I feel as you do; that this board is very worthwhile; and the membership contribution is a minor cost in relation to the many benefits I have received here.

I feel strongly that there should be a required membership fee; but those who have made voluntary contributions are, to me, very special members of our Fauna community.

THANK YOU!

Old 01-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #27
Monte
Holy Cow Rich,

In my job, we use the 10-80-10 principle.

10% of the people you serve will love everything you do. If you say you are going to have a hog wrestling contest in the middle of winter in MN, they will offer to bring a salad or a hot dish.

10% hate everything you do. You could be the Lord Almighty, and they would be criticizing you for something.

80% are watching to see which group is going to squeal the loudest. They are waiting for someone to lead them.

Rich, it's time to lead or quit. What I mean by that is - if you feel you need to charge - then do it. It may get smaller, but it should grow. Figure out what you need to make this go - and getterdone.

If you expect 10K people to respond to this thread- then you might as well quit right now. It seems you are upset up about something every 10 days or so - so make the change - and see what happens.

I know I will be in.

You've had enough headache - it's time to get off the "pot".

Old 01-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #28
Jeremy Letkey
Aye I value Fauna as a great resource and will gladly pay for the privllege to use this board.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:00 PM   #29
robin d.
Quote:
You've had enough headache - it's time to get off the "pot".
True Story, Monte....
amen, halleleua and watch out for the mississippi squirle running up sister berthas dress

Old 01-26-2005, 10:00 PM   #30
WebSlave
** expletive deleted **

Well the server died again around 8:20pm today and was down for over an hour. I thought my new server hosts were supposed to be monitoring the servers....

Well since they removed the harddrives yesterday and moved them to a completely new box, and I am STILL having failures, I am just plain running out of options. Perhaps I have no choice but to go back to the old servers. Luckily I haven't cancelled them yet, so that is certainly an option I have to strongly consider.

What a damned pain in the ass this past week has been....

So yeah, I am going to charge people admission to a site that can't stay up running for 24 hours straight? Yeah, THAT will fly.............

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!