Time for a break - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:10 PM   #11
Seamus Haley
The site will die with a fee implimented. A situation Rich is well aware of, understands fully and accepts as being a consequence of the action because he no longer cares to accept the burden of Fauna ownership.

For Lucille though, she's an ignorant twit (gravid goldfish for those who like to know such things) who's so wrapped up in kissing Rich's ass (or more accurately, humping his leg like a labrador in heat) that she's absolutely blinded to the realities of the situation. Fauna has a lot of members... a LOT of members. Ever day a couple thousand visit the site. Of course only a few hundred visit the site every day- hopefully she's just borderline enough to understand the difference. As dense as she has proven herself time and time again to be it's not a difficult concept. Out of the few hundred who visit on a daily basis as individuals and the thousands of registered but less frequently active members barely over a hundred have voted in the polls. And you know damn well that 150 votes in one poll and 150 votes in another total 150 voters. Not 300 who each chose one poll... and then the poll results themselves aren't exactly heartening either.

So when Fauna has MAYBE 300-500 fully paid and registered members and those BOI threads aren't rolling in and the crooks are stepping on the ignorant all over the place and the registered members become less and less active as the community slowly dies from lack of participation and Rich's server and bandwidth costs are still the same and the amount of time he spends on the site is similar and he's still burnt out and frustrated and the site is a ghost town within four months and it just gets worse when the time comes to "renew those memberships" at the annual mark of their implimentation and there are fifty people who are utilizing the site...

Fauna will be dead. Period.

Do I think Fauna is worth money right now? Yeah probably. Do I think Fauna will be worth money when giving it becomes mandatory? To put it bluntly... Hell no!

If Rich is fed up and wants to sever his activity with the site because it's a financial and emotional drain on him- fine. His choice and from a perspective of someone who respects the man (note: respect does not mean wedging my tongue in his rectum the way Lucille seems to think) and truly appreciates what he has done... if it's too much he should just stop. But stop immediately and at once; the slow lingering death and dropped participation that will result from a fee based system would be less prefferable and have less integrity involved than simply ending it abruptly. If the financial part is really a signifigant aspect then sell the domain, sell the cuurent contents of the domain and recoup some portion of the hard expenses (time is tough to apply a value to) that the site has incurred.

Rich doesn't want to be the Caped Crusader for Truth, Justice and the American Way anymore... that's fine. Superheros need retirement plans but the site itself DOES stand for something, DOES embody something and IS meaningful in many ways both tangible and intangible. Making it pay to play is counter to all of those things. Maybe that's tough for someone who spends all her time dicking around making idiotic romance polls with a stick so far up her ass it's hitting the back of her teeth as she waits for the next thing to be offended about to throw a tantrum over (Incidentally Lucille, here is something you CAN be offended about. You are a mongrel idiot without any hint of common sense and generally a waste of skin.) but people who aren't imbeciles see it, understand it and are forced to acknowledge a rather unpleasant truth.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #12
robin d.
i do not have a problem with paying any monies but i think charging for BOI acess will cause this site to die.
why? this site has grown around the BOI cutting off your basic draw and charging for it will cause people to go elsewhere. i also suspect people mght pay to post a BAD experience but what about the good guys? i honestly doubt people will pay to post about the good guys.... shoot the bad guys post ALWAYS get more hits than do the good guys and generally more comments in the thread.
let's say you are the one being accused of being a bad guy but can not afford (forwhatever reason) the price... do you just sit and watch your name be tarnished?
or what if you have done a wonderful transaction and you are just starting up in the hobby with no name for yourself yet, do you honest think people are going to pay to say "hey so and so was great and has great animals blah blah blah"? no i doubt it... yes i think there should be paid sections BUT charging for the area that is the main site draw will kill the entire site.
Just now after what four or five years are just NOW getting the forums moving as well as the classifieds.. more larger scale breeders and dealers are posting ads here for a reason.. they see the site is growing... i do not think these people would have any problem paying for the classified ads, banner ads and what not if the trafic continues. i was about to buy a banner ad slot and a sponsor link but if my money is spent in vain and the fee's are implimented and people leave.. the money i have worked hard for was justifiablely spent wrong. yeah the money i spend will help NOW but what happens if the main draw is cut off (BOI) and the users stop coming? i have to look at this as a business decision and weigh my options...

Old 02-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
bcfos
I am just sick and tired of hearing about it for one. If you are going to do it by all means frigging do it... All this fluff about it is quite frankly a little much. It is one person's site after all and if he decides to impose a membership fee then quite frankly none of the bitching and moaning about it means a hill of beans. The site will suffer greatly from it but if it does so be it.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:18 PM   #14
Mustangrde1
DAM IS THERE GOING TO BE A THREAD ABOUT THIS ON EVERY FORUM. Getting old fast.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #15
WebSlave
Well, I was going to move all of the threads about this issue into one separate forum for the duration, but Seamus killed that idea. If I were to do that he would get suspended and fined for his last message posted.

Seamus, from a concerned acquaintance (I can't call anyone I have never met in person as a "friend") - you do have a problem. You do know that I hope?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #16
Seamus Haley
... If you were to take a post I made in Hell... a thread you specifically put aside for insults, bashing and otherwise less socially acceptable behavior... and move MY post from that unmoderated area to a moderated one, you would feel justified in giving me warning points?

Well damn Rich, that's just some bull**** right there.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #17
Seamus Haley
Quote:
a thread you specifically put aside for insults, bashing and otherwise less socially acceptable behavior...
Should read... "forum specifically" and so on rather than "thread". The thread was created in hell, my post was made in hell and follows the rules OF hell... where I believe I was told upon entering that it was okay to explain that Lucille was mentally deficient without repercussions in the form of warning points or banning.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
... If you were to take a post I made in Hell... a thread you specifically put aside for insults, bashing and otherwise less socially acceptable behavior... and move MY post from that unmoderated area to a moderated one, you would feel justified in giving me warning points?

Well damn Rich, that's just some bull**** right there.
I think my message was in plain english. Your post made this thread inappropriate to be moved to anywhere else on this site. THAT is why I will not move it.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #19
bcfos
I think it is better left in hell where people can give their candid thought like Seamus expressed. Plus pasty boy has some funny views. Personally I am sick of the ass munching with this issue and the bell ringing attitudes of some people. Goddamn go work for the frigging United Way and raise money, but stop doing it here......

Old 02-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #20
Ophis
Would WebSLAVE have to drop the SLAVE and go with Webproffiteer or Webcapitolist or something then?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread