Time for a break - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #21
Gromph Baenre

I think it is better left in hell where people can give their candid thought like Seamus expressed. Plus pasty boy has some funny views. Personally I am sick of the ass munching with this issue and the bell ringing attitudes of some people. Goddamn go work for the frigging United Way and raise money, but stop doing it here......

Brian C. Foster

end quote

Brian,
Why are you using such restraint? Please tell us how you really feel. :-)

Best regards,

Carson

Old 02-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #22
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromph Baenre

I think it is better left in hell where people can give their candid thought like Seamus expressed. Plus pasty boy has some funny views. Personally I am sick of the ass munching with this issue and the bell ringing attitudes of some people. Goddamn go work for the frigging United Way and raise money, but stop doing it here......

Brian C. Foster

end quote

Brian,
Why are you using such restraint? Please tell us how you really feel. :-)

Best regards,

Carson

Go back to work at King and shut the hell up........

Old 02-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #23
Gromph Baenre

end quote

Or what ?you will say the same thing again? My attempt to concur with your sentiments via joking obviously fell upon blind eyes. Or is humor too difficult a concept for you to comprehend?

Best regards,

Carson

Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #24
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromph Baenre

end quote

Or what ?you will say the same thing again? My attempt to concur with your sentiments via joking obviously fell upon blind eyes. Or is humor too difficult a concept for you to comprehend?

Best regards,

Carson

At this point as long as you are not ringing the goddamn donation bell I can tolerate you.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #25
ms_terese
Quote:
Superheros need retirement plans but the site itself DOES stand for something, DOES embody something and IS meaningful in many ways both tangible and intangible. Making it pay to play is counter to all of those things.
Seamus, I don't think I understand your logic here. How would this site evolving into one that requires a membership fee of some configuration or other counter the good that it stands for?

I admit to being perplexed. Not surprisingly, no one has come forward to say this site is without value, yet there is a strong viewpoint that making it a pay site in *any* fashion would be the death of it. Is that because reptile folks are too cheap?.....because it began as a free site and therefore is obligated to remain a free site?.....because if Fauna isn't the result of a selfless fighter of evil who is willing to invest whatever it takes to right the wrongs of the reptile world it isn't as much fun? I must be missing some of the scenery along the path that leads to this conclusion.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:06 AM   #26
Bringerofdoom
Whats rich to do to help pay for fauna?

A. Sit around Do nothing and hope that people fight and argue enough and pay to get back in once kicked??

B. Sit around Hope that alot of people pay for more ad space and sponser more forum sections?

C. Or hope for alot more of those fauna fund auctions?

D. Pray for a sruge in paying members?

If you selected a, b, c or d smack yourself now. Obviously none of it is doing him good now, Thats why he has asked fauna on what to do.

You know at first when fauna was a small site rich wasnt minding. He probably even secretly celebrated when the site hit 100,000, 250,000, 500,000 and a million Hits. Back then he probably enjoyed running fauna and was proud of it. I know he is still proud of fauna, but some of the same **** different day stuff is probably getting old quick.

I know if i was him i would be tired of the almost daily demands to remove threads, ip lookups, Lawsuits, ETC.

Since i signed up for fauna i noticed things about rich maybe most of you overlooked. His name is webslave, meaning he is a slave for fauna. Which is probably fitting, as he gets treated like one with slave pay at that. The other is location, It says "Here. Mostly....." Meaning other than his business he has no time for a personal life, Outside of fauna. I wonder that about some of the posters here too though. Maybe I got more out of his name than he meant, but that how i always seen it. For rich to show this much dedication for a site, While maintaining a business is amazing IMO. Then when asked about a paid member only plan he gets slapped in the face for it. He seen it coming, but i know he felt he no longer has a choice in it.

You all should be glad he is asking us first about what he wants to do. You know we all could have tried to sign onto fauna one day, to find out that if you didnt pay the $35 already you were S.O.L until you did. Thats not the way rich wanted to do it, because he knew it would kill fauna. I know if he knows fauna will die, Why try and just pull the plug soon and save himself the trouble of watching it all go downhill fast.

Most of you people take this site for granted. What are we going to do when its gone? NO more BOI, no more bad guy threads about who to watch out for or anything like that. Only the badguy threads that caught your attention will remain the reminders on who to watch out for.

Granted my status is a free member now, but i had already planned on contributing soon. Now i will wait till rich lays out the new membership rules to decide what ill do. Even at $35 its not that bad, its less than 10 cents a day. Get sally struthers fatass, i see a commercial.

"For only Less than 10 cents a day, you too can support fauna and the boi"

Old 02-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #27
Roger Jolly
So Brian and Seamus. Why you guys got such a hardon over Lucille carrying some of the load to help support this site??? Whats your take of the pot on this??? If you guys were helping out instead of whining maybe webbie wouldnt be talking about pissing in your oatmeal with a membership fee. Looks to me that you guys are painting yourself into a corner to have to either eat crow and pay the fee or get onto your high horses and ride away into the sunset. That what you want???

Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #28
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Should read... "forum specifically" and so on rather than "thread". The thread was created in hell, my post was made in hell and follows the rules OF hell... where I believe I was told upon entering that it was okay to explain that Lucille was mentally deficient without repercussions in the form of warning points or banning.
I don't think it really matters if one is in Hell, the regular forums, the local pub or the workplace. You do not have to treat people like dirt to make your point. It shows ones true character when they treat people like dirt just becasue they want to, no matter the location of where they treat them like dirt at.

And no, Lucille is no particular friend of mine. I just find it bizarre that you really think it is perfectly acceptable to treat anyone like trash just because you want to and are doing it in a place where there are no repercussions for your actions.

Why do you even want to treat people like trash? That is my real question I guess.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:26 AM   #29
DAND
Seamus,

What is your problem? Again, you are attacking Lucille, and for what? Because she is putting forth an effort to help? There are others trying to help out too and I don't see you attacking any of them. Maybe you feel like a big man attacking someone who won't lower themselves and fight back with the same lack of intelligence or childish name calling you use. Who are you trying to impress?

Old 02-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #30
TooManyBurmese
Well there goes the reservoir

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread