Boa Imperator pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
wvaherp
Boa Imperator pics

Well I figured I wouldn't stop with the rainbows and brought all my boas out, except my motley sunglow who I snapped a few pictures of the other day just after he last shed.

First we'll start with my favorite to handle. This is Anna, my '16 hypo. She should be just about 5' right now and she shed last night. As usual, her pinks don't like to show up on camera, but she's every bit as orange in person. She's always a joy to work with. Just don't make her think it's feeding time if it's not... lol

Sent via an android carrier pigeon using the robotic pony express.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
wvaherp
Up next is my '17 motley sunglow, Helios. Like I mentioned above, I took these pictures just after he shed a few days ago. His growth is starting to speed up now that he's on weaned rats and he's shed twice in the last month. Both times the pink mottling on his sides has gotten darker. I'm really hoping that trend continues like it tends to with most motley sunglows. Of course the pictures don't do his colors justice, but they almost never do. He's destined to be the mate for Anna and hopefully a blood or pewter down the road if my hets prove out.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
wvaherp
Here we have questionable het #1, Elvira. She was labeled as het for plasma, but I see no hypo in her. I'm hoping that her brother, who I'll post next, and her are het for pewter. That way I should end up with a mix of bloods, type 2 aneries, possible hets for both, and maybe even a pewter or two. Her temperament still isn't perfect, but compared to when I got her last year she's a puppy dog now. Then again I've been told she was kept in tub that was too small for her, she was infested with mites when I got her, and she still has a nasty scar and nose bump from rubbing (which she hasn't done for me). I'm pretty sure she knows she's in a better place and is much more trusting now. Even if she doesn't prove out though, I would like to see what her colors would look like in an albino. There is a lot of red that looks like it is under all the black, to me at least.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
wvaherp
And here we have Elvira's brother/future mate, Alice. He's more nervous and flighty than his sister sometimes but just like Elvira he's 100% better than when I got them. He had all the same issues as her except his scar is not as big.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:08 AM   #5
richardhind1972
Nice outdoor pics ,you got a really
Nice collection of boas there with some great colour,there coming on really great and all look really healthy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old 06-08-2018, 06:21 AM   #6
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
Nice outdoor pics ,you got a really
Nice collection of boas there with some great colour,there coming on really great and all look really healthy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Thanks, Richard. I do my best to keep them all healthy and "happy." I'm pretty happy with how everybody is turning out as they mature, myself.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #7
wvaherp
So I've been tracking the growth rates pretty closely on elvira in an effort to figure out when she'll be ready to breed. I dont think she'll turn out to be a very big girl with the various central American blood she's supposed to be carrying, but as seller was obviously full of it about a couple things I figured growth tracking would be my best bet outside of waiting an extra year or two. It turns out that after her last growth spurt this past summer, she's only gained a little less than 2" in about 6 months. Since she's still been on a moderate growth diet, she has put on weight but no real length recently. Seeing as that's the case (and Anna, my '16 hypo, has gained quite a bit of length in the same timeframe, as a comparison) I made the executive decision to introduce Alice into her cage last week. About 48 hours in, I took this picture. Fingers crossed it takes and everything goes well! I'm keeping them together while I watch for ovulation.

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #8
richardhind1972
That looks promising,that's for sure,fingers crossed for you.
I've got one that I think has ovulated this week too, my hypo red pastel and motley, both het albino, I will try post some pics on a new thread

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Old 02-08-2019, 05:19 AM   #9
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
That looks promising,that's for sure,fingers crossed for you.
I've got one that I think has ovulated this week too, my hypo red pastel and motley, both het albino, I will try post some pics on a new thread

While I didn't actually see hemipenes, they were pretty obviously locked for at least an hour. So it was promising indeed!

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-08-2019, 05:20 AM   #10
richardhind1972
Fingers crossed then mate

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!