shipping to TX in summer? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
robyn@Pro Exotics
FedEx Office (Kinko's) locations- I would strongly suggest NOT shipping to these locations. Each location sets its own policy on live shipments, and many choose to not accept nor receive them.

I have seen incoming shipments turned away from FedEx Office locations, which creates quite a panic for the recipient, and can mean a full day delay as well as $11 address change fees and other headaches.

Unless you have made arrangements with them ahead of time to accept your reptile shipment, I would not advise shipping to the Kinko's locations for customer pickup.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
Mikkwa
My first shipment of a live animal sent to me, my tortoises through FedEx taught me to never have a live shipment sent to my home again. It was June, hot here in Texas & I live in the country. I also live 60 miles from the FedEx hub and am considered being in a remote area. Their excuse for delivering to my home last.

My package finally got to me around 5:00 p.m. and luckily the tortoises were alive and in good shape. No amount of calling the main FedEx number and pleading with them helped to get the driver to show up sooner. I was told he had til 7:30 p.m. to deliver to me since I lived off the main route.

After that, I found out I could have my live shipments held at the FedEx hub office where their planes flew into and I never had another package sent to my home. I did have a couple of sellers who claimed to not know how to set my shipment up that way & I told them I knew how & would take care of it on my end. FedEx makes it very simple for either the seller or buyer to set up a hold on your packages on their website.

The hub closest to me is 60 miles away & I gladly drive the distance to ensure my animals don't have to suffer in extreme heat or cold!

Old 06-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loni01 View Post
I just wanted to know if anybody has experience in shipping in summer time to areas with very hot temps around 100 degrees like in TX.
I planned to buy more Chameleons and just had an experience with somebody who didn't wanna ship cuz it is in the 90s. What is later when it gets hotter? Is that even possible?
It's possible.although smarter to wait till cooler temps.

You can use fedex priority overnight if the package will get there around 10:00 am or you can have it held at the fedex hub for pick up.use at least a 3/4" insulated box and a couple small cool packs wrapped in news paper.

Do not use Kinkos locations go directly to Fedex.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!