Bamboo combos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2016, 03:11 AM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
Bamboo combos

Got a couple bamboo combo females that I'm pretty excited about. These came from a breeding loan I worked out with Joey Cassar of Golden State Rodents. The pairing was a bamboo x enchi spinner blast.

I think these are both world's firsts but not 100% sure. I'm thinking the one on the right is a bamboo bumblebee enchi and the one on the left is a bamboo enchi spinner (poss spinner blast). I should be able to tell for sure after a couple more sheds, but they look pretty orange compared to the bamboo bumblebees and bamboo spinnerblasts that have been produced so far.

Regardless, two beautiful girls that I'm very happy to have. Not sure what male I'll be putting with them but I have a couple years to figure it out
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2016, 03:13 AM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
Another pic of both plus one of the bambumbee poss enchi after her shed.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
Pasodama
Very nice! Congrats!

Old 11-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Randall Turner
Those girls are beauties. Congrats.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:19 AM   #5
Big Borg Reptiles
Thanks guys . I was really hoping one of them was a male since I'm still in need of a bamboo combo boy, but I can't ever be too upset about having more females.

Has anyone seen any bamboo combos that you think look especially nice? I'm still trying to think of what genes I'd like to run with my bamboo project. My friend is working on a bamboo vanilla cream and I'd like to see what a bamboo super stripe does, but other than that I'm not sure yet. I like how the bamboo cinnamon comes out so maybe a bamboo GHI would be cool? Not sure if anyone has made one yet.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:49 AM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB Reptiles View Post
Thanks guys . I was really hoping one of them was a male since I'm still in need of a bamboo combo boy, but I can't ever be too upset about having more females.

Has anyone seen any bamboo combos that you think look especially nice? I'm still trying to think of what genes I'd like to run with my bamboo project. My friend is working on a bamboo vanilla cream and I'd like to see what a bamboo super stripe does, but other than that I'm not sure yet. I like how the bamboo cinnamon comes out so maybe a bamboo GHI would be cool? Not sure if anyone has made one yet.
Congrats Nick, exciting times - mini-Christmas!
So I just went to WOBP to look at Bamboo combos to see what I thought looked nice. I guess I didn't realize it was such a "white" snake producer. So personally, I would avoid those. I did like the Cinny Bamboo that you mentioned too (pictured). I'm not sure what, but something that added some bright color to it: Super Special Bamboo (white snake?), Albino Bamboo, Banana Bamboo, Lavender Albino, etc.

So.... Banana Cinny Bamboo!
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Congrats Nick! Very pretty bamboo combos!

Old 11-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #8
Big Borg Reptiles
[quote=Robert Walker;1961904 I guess I didn't realize it was such a "white" snake producer.[/QUOTE]

Yea unfortunately it's in the BEL complex so anything mojave/lesser/Russo etc just makes a white snake. It's such a nice single gene that it's held it's value well but I think if it hadn't been a BEL producer it would have stayed up even longer. To me that's not a deal breaker, I would love to see a bamboo lesser that combined the two patterns without turning white, but we can't have everything . Plenty of other things to still be done that don't involve those few genes.

I don't know why I just thought of this but I wonder what a leopard bamboo would do? I don't work with the leopard gene but that might turn out interesting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!