Would you choose a HDPE cage over PVC? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-05-2020, 03:04 PM   #11
Lucille
There is no edit button in the lower right of your post area?

Old 01-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #12
Angel619392
No theres not it's just the quotation symbol the writing symbol but it brings up a reply box

Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 AM   #13
DLenaRuth999s
Also to be considered is the heat tape and wiring. I want trustworthy heat tape; I want it securely affixed within the rack, recessed within a channel; I want sturdy wiring connections.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #14
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
Also to be considered is the heat tape and wiring. I want trustworthy heat tape; I want it securely affixed within the rack, recessed within a channel; I want sturdy wiring connections.
And I agree with you 100% I seen that is a feature all the rack manufacturers have. Nice smooth channels for the heat tape with a recessed groove in the back about an 1/16 deep for the tape.

I completely forgot to mention racks as well, but I also plan on those too , that will be another thread as well where I need to get feedback on what people liked and did not like from their racks

Old 01-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #15
Randall Turner
If they can be reliably built, look good and not be priced out of the market I could see them being a good product that sells well. (far too often HDPE enclosures that are offered up are just... for the lack of a better word, ugly... Poorly welded together joints, less than nice cuts etc).

Old 01-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #16
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
If they can be reliably built, look good and not be priced out of the market I could see them being a good product that sells well. (far too often HDPE enclosures that are offered up are just... for the lack of a better word, ugly... Poorly welded together joints, less than nice cuts etc).
I agree on the build the build quality. .. If I made them they would need to be assembled and I would make them so that people can easily put them together because from my obsessive research I noticed people are not all too handy so it would make it easy.

And cutting is easy with right tools , preparation etc... but ok thanks for your feedback. You noticed a problem of bad build quality and poor craftsmanship. Got it

Old 01-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #17
Randall Turner
If you are going to go with sold flat, assembled at home enclosures, how are you going to account for fluid leakage along seams? Silicone sticks extremely poorly too it.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #18
DLenaRuth999s
For cages, I need non-warping, non-bowing; sliding glass doors, RHP. Light weight.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:09 PM   #19
Lucille
Strong frames that are made to be stackable.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:16 PM   #20
Angel619392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
If you are going to go with sold flat, assembled at home enclosures, how are you going to account for fluid leakage along seams? Silicone sticks extremely poorly too it.
caulking

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!