would like help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Apep
would like help

I Have to do a assignment for history class and the guidelines are it has to be a significant historical event between 2000-2005. I need help on thinking of a topic, it has to effect lots of people and it must be important enough to be talked about for years to come, i had some ideas but then my teacher said it had to between that time period. Any assistance would be appreciated

Old 04-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Lucille
Do a search for 'significant events since 2000' and see what you think is an idea you might like to discuss.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
99Vengeur
What about September 11.....?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Uroboros
How about the Iraq war?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
ZX11
Perhaps something on the disconentment of people with the way the war is being handled, or the protests against the Bush Admin, or even the G8 summits.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
chondrogal
September 11, 2001 Terrorists fly two airliners into the World Trade Center. One plane is flown into the Pentagon by terrorists. Terrorists are thwarted by the passengers on the fourth airliner crashes into a Pennsylvania field missing it's intended target.

In your time frame I can't think of a single news event that will be talked about more than this single event.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
ravensgait
Or really throw them a curve and do a report on something not mentioned much but affects all Americans. That being the political and social divisions we see in America today. More or less the red states against the Blue. Americans haven't been this divided since right before the Civil war.. Hey it'll get you an A with kudos or tossed out of the class.. Good luck.. Randy

Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
99Vengeur
Thought about the 2008 Summer Olympic protests and the Tibet protests??

Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Apep
wow, why would i post my question in "General herp talk" if i wanted to do it on 9/11. even if i wanted to do it on 9/11, which i dont, i cant

Old 04-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
wow, why would i post my question in "General herp talk" if i wanted to do it on 9/11. even if i wanted to do it on 9/11, which i dont, i cant
Ethan, this is the general BS section.

This is your original post.
Quote:
I Have to do a assignment for history class and the guidelines are it has to be a significant historical event between 2000-2005. I need help on thinking of a topic, it has to effect lots of people and it must be important enough to be talked about for years to come, i had some ideas but then my teacher said it had to between that time period. Any assistance would be appreciated

Regardless, I don't see anything in that post that indicates anything about general herp talk or why it would even be posted there. The people here were good enough to give you suggestions that fell into the guidelines that you posted. 911 and War certainly fell within the range of the topic you outlined.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!