My Blood Boa is broken - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
crotalusadamanteus
Took this picture the other morning. I mean, have you EVER seen a snake allow his tail to stay in this position?

I haven't. Maybe under the hide, but not all bent in half like that. This is such a bummer.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
Helenthereef
Fingers crossed for you (and him). Any sign he may have done the job before this happened?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
Nope. Not even a present left laying around. It was still early in the courtship as well. I don't mind her waiting another year if he can get through this.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #24
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Took this picture the other morning. I mean, have you EVER seen a snake allow his tail to stay in this position?

I haven't. Maybe under the hide, but not all bent in half like that. This is such a bummer.
Actually, one of my Candoia often sits like that, but he has a good portion of the end of his tail missing all together, so he's a bit different from the standard model. Doesn't stop him trying to mate, but I do wonder whether he actually manages, as he can't wrap around properly.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #25
Helenthereef
Here are a couple of "stubbies "giving it a valiant attempt - so all may not be lost! (Although of course I hope you won't come to this.....)
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
Helenthereef
A bit off topic, but if he attempts to mate, doesn't manage to wrap but does leave semen lying around, has anyone every tried artificial insemination with snakes?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #27
crotalusadamanteus
Never heard of it, but I guess it's plausible.

Anybody notice this in the pic above? Almost looks bruised or something. I don't have the magnification to look at it better then this, so I'll get the doc to when I go in.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #28
JCCS
I did see that, Rick, and it's a bit odd. I'm interested to hear what the vet has to say about that.

Chris

Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
crotalusadamanteus
What's even odder is, it wasn't there when I last had him out for the vet to check out here at the house.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
A bit off topic, but if he attempts to mate, doesn't manage to wrap but does leave semen lying around, has anyone every tried artificial insemination with snakes?
I can actually answer this question for you. Chuck and Connie Hurley have done it with corn snakes... and it did work Not sure about the other kinds of snakes but if it works for one, why not another?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!