Klingenberg verse Sears - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 AM   #11
JCCS
Harald, I also respect your opinion a great deal. I am not sure if the line about their looks was even on topic. But I consider the looks of the Hog to be fairly important when I go to buy one also. I am just going in a different direction than most. It seems you appreciate that though, lol.

Chris

Old 09-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #12
Metachrosis

Keeping the "form" pure is the key IMO as well.Haveing a WC group would be a cool thing around here.My growing interest is toward pure strain Island Locale BCI.We currently have 3.2 Of which 1.1 "almost" have the WC look about them,sadley not exactly what Ive seen with some LTC/WC stock in culture today.Sadley a 20 yr WC passed last year from a regional breeder near us.Cool part is he sired 1.0 of our group in 2K,then again 1.1 in 02.

How is that breeding towards WC working ?Got any reference shots you would share.

M/

Old 09-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #13
jglass38
Some very interesting points here. What does everyone think is the future of pure Hogs in the retail market? I see very few people breeding them pure at this point. I happen to think they are the perfect starter Boa. Easy care requirements, great personality, awesome eaters and of course, a manageable size.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #14
JCCS
It appears that I have hit my limit of uploads on this site, but there is a link to a pic of one of my babies, it is third from the bottom. All I am doing is finding very pure bloodlines and selecting average looking babies to breed together. I am adding a male into my breeding group this year, he is 12 yrs old and is an F1 from Georgen stock. There are a number of people breeding them for purity, but the trend is either crossing them or breeding them for color. Their care is very similar to Colombians, but they are harder to get onto F/T. Once on F/T they are as easy as a Colombian though.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...3883&members=1

Chris Canada-Smith

Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS
It appears that I have hit my limit of uploads on this site, but there is a link to a pic of one of my babies, it is third from the bottom. All I am doing is finding very pure bloodlines and selecting average looking babies to breed together. I am adding a male into my breeding group this year, he is 12 yrs old and is an F1 from Georgen stock. There are a number of people breeding them for purity, but the trend is either crossing them or breeding them for color. Their care is very similar to Colombians, but they are harder to get onto F/T. Once on F/T they are as easy as a Colombian though.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...3883&members=1

Chris Canada-Smith
Gorgeous! Let me know if you have any females available in the future, I would eventually like to pick up a couple. Here is my male:

Old 09-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Metachrosis
Hard to hit remotely close to something viable on market values. But them Clowns out there trying to sell $400,$500 + (unproven/sub-yearlings etc)Hog Isles are wishing on a prayer IMO.
Since when is "Dilution" a qualifier of primo priceing ?
1.1 for $1K

Anyway.....

M/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Some very interesting points here. What does everyone think is the future of pure Hogs in the retail market? I see very few people breeding them pure at this point. I happen to think they are the perfect starter Boa. Easy care requirements, great personality, awesome eaters and of course, a manageable size.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!