look at this - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
good12
Talking look at this

i have a corn that is 1year and 5 months and is about 2 and a half foot an d as he is my first i was just wondering if he was a normal size and when he will be fully grown.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Growth rate & size varies on how much you feed and genetics.

I have some 2 year olds that are over 300 grams and breeding size, while I have others that are under 200 grams.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
cowboyman13
Quote:
Originally Posted by good12
i have a corn that is 1year and 5 months and is about 2 and a half foot and as he is my first i was just wondering if he was a normal size and when he will be fully grown.
Normal size varies allot depending on how much, often you feed. Your corns genetic background, and even on individually snakes. I have two that about the same age as yours. One is a little shy of 2' but very chubby compared to other which is over 2' and what i would say is an appropriate girth.

As far as full grown goes. They continue to grow throughout there lifetime they just don't grow as fast as they do in the first couple of years. Most consider an adult large enough to breed to be 3 years old, and 300 grams. I have also heard at least 3' long, which they refer to as the 3/3/3 rule.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
snakebiteAZ1
Talking I have

2 that are just shy of 2ft, and they produced 10 healthy eggs each for me this year!!! They are from Aug. 04'... I probably could have waited a year, but i didn't. Anyway it does have to do with Genetics, feeding regimen, And i think they all are different anyway.. Good luck. Mike

Old 06-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
good12
I dont no his genetic background because i got him from a shop.How offten do you 3 feed your corns and what with i feed mine 2 times a week

Old 06-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
cowboyman13
I feed mine once a week because twice a week if you follow the wait 2-3 days before handling after a meal leaves no time to handle your snakes. I usually feed 1 food item per snake or 2 if i am in between sizes.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
Leighanne
LOL, thats funny Cowboyman! I do the same thing with Jake and for the same reasons! Guess what guys! I am finishing Jakers on his pinkies! I was at the Pet Store today, and bought fuzzies!! I can't wait to see him eat these!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!