For Sale 12.4 CB Hypomelanistic Banded Water Snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Hognose, Garter, Water & Ribbon Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
pitbulllady
12.4 CB Hypomelanistic Banded Water Snakes

I have a clutch of baby hypomelanistic Banded Water Snakes(Nerodia fasciata pictiventris) born 08/05/09 for sale. All of them show varying degrees of hypomelanism; none have any real black on them at all, and some have very intense reds and gold coloration that gets brighter with each shed. All are feeding regularily on strips of fresh Salmon, Tilapia or Croaker from the supermarket, taken right from my fingers, and they will also readily accept scented frozen/thawed pinkies, although they could easily be switched totally to unscented pinkies. Other breeders have proven this form of hypomelanism to be co-dominant, so there is a lot of potential with these guys, in terms of developing new morphs. Contrary to popular belief, Water Snakes are NOT vicious, nasty, untamable snakes; even my large recent wild-caught adults have tamed down to the point that I can let young children hold them. None of these babies have ever tried to bite or strike, and neither has their mother, so they will make great pets as well as an interesting and unique breeding project. Their care is the same as that of other Colubrids.

This is the mother of the clutch(NOT for sale).

I'm asking $45.00 each, or $75.00 for pairs while the girls last, plus shipping via FedX.

PM me or email me at pitbulllady@yahoo.com

Sharon McKenzie
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
chris97
how big is the mom and how much is she worth

Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
pitbulllady
She is about three feet long. I have no clue what she'd be worth on the open market; you can check prices of babies on Glades Herp and on Kingsnake.com's classifieds. I have not seen any adults for sale that were advertized as hypo. She's not for sale, in any case, at any price. She is one of my best pet snakes, as well as a great "PR" snake, since anyone can hold her. I can take her to presentations with little kids and people who are scared of snakes, and they will soon be holding her, because she is so sweet and laid-back, and her babies have been handled from day one. I hold them while they eat, even. She is a great snake, period.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Reptilekyle64
These are really pretty do you attend any shows?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
pitbulllady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilekyle64 View Post
These are really pretty do you attend any shows?
I attend pretty much every show in the Carolinas. I was at the Raleigh show a few weeks ago, and had the babies there, but they were being "babysat" by a vendor and not on display at the time. I plan to have them at the Charlotte Repticon show, though, and if I still have them, at the Columbia show as well. I don't fool with the Georgia shows since most of what I have is illegal there. People at the shows are finally starting to catch on to Nerodia as being good for something other than King Cobra dinners, at least. At the last shows I attended, everyone who had any Water Snakes sold out quickly, and for decent prices, for normal-colored specimens. Still, a lot of folks think these are nasty, mean, stinky snakes that make lousy captives, or think they need special care like an aquatic environment, and this simply isn't true.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread