Inquiry David Freeman Carolina Classic Dragons - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #91
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
. I know you probably think im a but I do smile when I read most of your post?

Just one little thing, the buyer wasnt totally confused about the refund. It was leary to him about the D.O.A. The two hour contact. Then the fact that the dragon was sitting on Top of the packing and heat pack.

There is evidence here that a less rep. guy would have been questioned about. But because of David's rep It's going to be over looked.

Hehe. Well no, not really Tom, I don't think of you as anything.

I also have to say that I have had a bearded dragon sitting on top of the newspaper, right there where this dead one was, when I removed the top piece of styro. That dragon was from Kevin Dunne, and I'll never forget it because I was startled and then surprised that a dragon would be shipped without being contained in a bag or deli cup.

I've had more than one leopard gecko that has escaped out of a deli cup along the way during the shipping journey and has been sitting there (on top of the newspaper) looking up at me when I removed the top styro piece.

Tom, since you've been doing this for a whole three years and have all this reptile business experience, what is your opinion of why the hell David would go through the trouble of staging the DOA photo? It makes no sense at all! What difference would it make? If the dragon was DOA in the bag/excaped out of the bag, overheated because of piss poor packing/packed absolutely perfectly, it makes no difference! The dragon is dead and David should have been refunded immediately! This thread should not have even been posted, but I am glad it is here because it shows the OP to be someone that is not good to do business with.

Extremely unprofessional behavior from the OP!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #92
CarolinaClassicDragons
So Paypal me $300 and lets end this. Oh wait, they are going to take fee out...please add...oh, never mind

I have learned that no matter what you do to protect yourself as a buyer, it isnt going to matter. You can take pics, you can do all the right things, you can have the soundest of reason, you can have a stellar reputation... it all doesn't make a difference when the almighty dollar is involved. People will twist your words, conjure up crazy ideas, and stab you in the back. I have learned who I will never buy from, who I will never sell from. I have learned that some think their poop don't stink... sorry, it does. Some think they know a lot more than they do. I have learned that some think I am a head. To have people in this business think of me this way, I must be doing something right.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #93
yourbeat
ok so let me get this straight, you already have your mind made up but im supposed to refund dave his money to save some sort of reputation which you have already made up your mind about? seems a little pointless to me doesn't it? i never told dave he wasn't getting money, and i came here asking questions originally. It blew up into what it is right now. but i have done business with several people on here and this would be the first time where I was this supposed terrible person to do business with.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #94
TheWolfmanTom
Hi All,
My name is Tom Constance and I own and operate TND Dragons. I supervised the packing of these animals. The heat-pac was used because it was in the mid to low 40's in Philadelphia. The heat-pac was tapped to the lid with 4 pieces of tape. The animals themselves where bagged. The 1 that lived was in a snake bag. The one that passed was in a pillow case with a zip tie. Both bags contained paper towels and the animals where put in the bottom of the box and then covered with news paper. I saw nothing wrong with the way the box was packed at the time because this is how I have shipped for 3 years now. I am sorry David received a DOA, and Im sorry Anthony is in the middle of a refund dispute.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #95
jellyfishrhythm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
You know, talking about an NC bandwagon coming to David's defense as a bad thing is just not the most well thought out idea I've ever heard, Tom. If I were to question someone on something, especially their integrity, and a large number of people that personally know him or at least have met him and seen his animals and had first hand encounters with him come to his defense, I would probably think that I judged too soon, that maybe I don't know the individual that I'm accusing of whatever it is.

I have met David several times, can't claim to know him that well, but he seemed to be a good guy with great animals. I didn't come to his defense and won't on this topic because I just don't know him well enough to blindly do that as I don't know the situation first hand. I do however think that other people on this thread do know him well enough to know that he would never do anything to endanger an animal.

Whoever shipped that dragon did a crappy job, give David the $367.50 and stop whining about it, Anthony. It's not that difficult to do the right thing.

Chris
CCS FTW!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #96
DiamondDen
I feel that this whole boi has been brought way out of hand, I feel that David should get the $367.50 as that would be fair to both party's yeah it sucks the dragons was DOA but stuff happens. The live dragon and the dead dragon in the photos look very alike but the trans does have more color so in my opinion they are equal, but I can see why Anthony would say the hypotrans is worth more but also in the end you guys didn't decide on a set price for each dragon witch is were the problem is. but the $367.50 sounds fair.

Also I know some things don't add up but people like David, Tom, Rainbow, Myself, and so on care for these animals because it's our passion and we would do anything to help out these little critters. I don't feel that David "being in this for the passion of it" would stage the DOA photo or have done anything to the animal to cause the DOA. I don't personally know David but have talked to him a few time on here and he seems like a good guy. That being said (shouldn't of even got in this lol) i stand by that David should get the $367.50. I have also talked to Anthony and he never made himself seem like he was a bad guy at all so I'm sure this can be resolved like adults

Also say the dragon did die because of being left in the box for the little bit of time after delivery 99.9% chance if it was already that bad off it still would have died that day or came very very close to it. Also the dragon could have ingested some of the styrofoam.

Also because of the lack of communication it was not David's fault he wasn't prepared for the dragon to arrive as he didn't even know it was shipped. Not attacking you Anthony but you could have at least tested him or sent a quick email to notify him they were on there way because with the past shipments not happening how was he supposed to know it was shipped.

Corky Lynn Jordan

Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #97
Khaldrago
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbeat View Post
but i never once said dave was gettin burnt or beat for money although i will be 100% honest after justins recent adorable comment i thought about doing just that, and saying dave your beat.

Well ya know .. and thanks for fixing the name btw... I do think a good sense of humor is needed in situations like this... We all enjoy the hobby, we all want our dragons healthy and we all love dragons, it's a tough sad deal to see what happened. I hope everyone involved here has more important matters in life than this forum going around in circles. Let's not beat a dead horse... It's over and I believe " yourbeat" learned a valuable lesson here and won't be a "deadbeat" when giving Dave his refund.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #98
Snake-Queen
I am betting option 3 is to blame Dave, and refund nothing.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #99
Snake-Queen
Sorry, last post was made before I realized there was 20+ posts.

I really think the $367.50 is fair.

I don't know why this is still persisting. The OP has stated he is going to refund ... please do so.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #100
clintdowns
It looks to me like Dave is trying all he can to try and make things right. I think it is time for Anthony to just do what he has to do to make things right and stop with all the back and forth drama.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!