help w/ venomous in NW ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Derekroth91
help w/ venomous in NW ohio

ive loved snakes since i was a kid. i got my first snake when i was 15 and over the last year i had kept lots of pythons and boas, along with a few corns. ive read about venomous for awhile and have been doing research and bought a couple books but i still don't want to get one. for many reasons. one is i am too young. at 17 it would not be legal or responsible for me to bring a venomous snake into the house.
I'm really looking for someone in my area to teach how to handle, care, and keep hots with minimal risk in a safe manner. i want to know what i would get myself into if i got a venomous snakes. i can travel and would love to train with someone who can teach me how keep hots SAFELY.
please PM if you know anybody that could help!
or feel free to email me at derekroth91@yahoo.com
Derek,

Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
serpentsofdistinction
Well first off you may have a problem with finding a mentor at age 17. But that does not mean you cant ask questions and study more. You should check out venomousreptiles.org that is a good place to start.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
Derekroth91
re

Yeah, I have looked there but am unsure of what to even look for on the site. I have also talked with my parents. They gave me permission so i started looking.

more than anything I just want to see what it really entails and if it's something I can really do for a long time, safely. I enjoy to keep the snakes that fascinate in me they're nature, and beauty. However they're is still far less risk in cleaning the cage of a cage aggressive retic {or some of the nastier boas ive seen}, than they're would be in dealing with an extremelycalm natured copperhead.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #4
Derekroth91
also i turn 18 in three months or so.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
serpentsofdistinction
It's funny this was a big topic recently on that fourm. That kind of went off track. It's a major responsibility and an undertaking. Most people I know wind up making the transition and then keep venomous permanently. Although we do keep other species of Non venomous snakes. Also go to you tube and check out viperkeepers videos they are very educational and informative.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!